2 Hiit questions.

• This topic has 5 voices and 8 replies.
Viewing 9 posts - 1 through 9 (of 9 total)
  • Author

gerry yerves
    Participant

Hello, I'm a few days into cns, just started shockwave, and have a couple questions about hiit.I have done hiit before, and have been resistance training for a little over a year after several years away. I also run, i know, i know i read the article and the threads, and will limit to one 30 min session per week.  Or maybe not at all depending on hiit answers.As for my questions, either in one of the videos or in the ANAC article Kieffer said men should do hiit at least 1 hour, pre lifting. Is this required, i understand that it is optimal, however do to time constraints my plan was to do hiit post lifting on core and prob chest days?My other question is regarding the time cycles, from what I've read and watched, Kieffer seems to keep suggesting 4:30/:30, or 4:1. Is there a specific reason, study for this. I've done everything from, :15/1:45 to 1:1, 2:1. So i was wondering if the 4-4:30 rest interval was necessary? Or can i do different splits? Is it just a 4:1 ration that were supposed to be going for?Any help would be appreciated.

Nman
    Participant

I obviously can't speak for Kiefer but I'll give my 2 cents.Regarding the hour before, he does state that is optimal but I"m like you and that just doesn't work for me.  I know Sean Hyson instructed others to do it post workout.  Personally I usually do HIIT in the am and Lift in the afternoon as for fat lose it definitely works but for hypertrophy and other things Kiefer mentions I"m not sure.Same thing with the 4:1 ratio..... I use a 4:30:0:30 ratio and it works good but sometimes I've had to change it to a 2:1 for time reasons and I think both work well at depleting glycogen.  I try to do the 4:1 but at times I'll only have time for the 2:1 and I haven't noticed a difference.  I'm sure there are other ratios that work as well but you'll have to test those out. 

Brandon D Christ
    Participant

Unless you plan on following the anabolic cardio protocol, do HIIT on off days or a different time of the day.  Do it post-workout if you have no other option.

gerry yerves
    Participant

So I understand. Is the reason we only do hiit early week on cns because of possible cortisol production? CN is sunday, don't wanna do hiit sat if its gonna screw up hormonal balance and cause CN fat storage.

Richard Schmitt

No. Because of having filled glycogen stores, and burning through that to mobilize body fat.

gerry yerves
    Participant

So late week hiit is ok?

Penny Danner
    Participant

So late week hiit is ok?

It's better to do it earlier in the week.  Women have a harder time than men getting rid of the glycogen. 

Richard Schmitt

Yeah it depends on gender to be honest.

gerry yerves
    Participant

So my week will look like this. (Prob shouldv've posted this in cns forum  :-[)Mon - hiit/chest, bi'sTues -legs/walkWed - hiit/coreThurs - shoulders, tri's/walkFri- WalkSat - walkSun back/ CNWill have one full day off, just have to figure out which.

Viewing 9 posts - 1 through 9 (of 9 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.

2 Hiit questions.

Please login / register in order to chat with others.

Forgot your details?