4 week conditioning program via Joel Jamieson

Viewing 8 posts - 1 through 8 (of 8 total)
  • Author

backlash79

Anyone else been doing this? I started a week late and I only have 1 more workout left in week 4. Having never really delved into his methods before I have to say they are pretty interesting I guess the real test is whether or not when I retest my 12:00 test. For the most part almost all of the stuff I did was running focused as that is what I wanted to work on. I can definitely see the applicability to other things like MMA.In the last 4 weeks my RHR has dropped from 60/61 to 49/50. I was pretty surprised when I retested my RHR this morning. I have been limiting my strength training to 3 times a week at staying under 45 minutes as Joel recommends. I'm definitely pysched to going back to 4 days a week though.I would definitely recommend a look for those interested in conditioning with a little more science behind it. Joel was also giving away another 4 weeks if you bought his Conditioning Blueprint DVD set which I didn't do. This is one link for it and they had a new video for each week explaining the new methods as well as giving the PDF for that weeks program.http://www.8weeksout.com/2013/03/05/free-conditioning-program/

DionBoespflug

I'm having trouble getting this PDF, anyone else having luck?

backlash79

I have all 4 pdfs if you PM me an email I can shoot them out to you.

DionBoespflug

Awesome thanks, I watched the videos and looks like a good program.

BobPS

Do you mind sharing how you schedule the program, I mean when you do the conditioning and when weight training, and also when do you backload?In the past I follow joel's 8 week program as described in his ultimate MMA book,  but I'm at lost now as to how to incorporate CBL with conditioning.

backlash79

Do you mind sharing how you schedule the program, I mean when you do the conditioning and when weight training, and also when do you backload?In the past I follow joel's 8 week program as described in his ultimate MMA book,  but I'm at lost now as to how to incorporate CBL with conditioning.

The way I did it was the way Joel recommended in terms of frequency and duration.I was doing the Shockwave stuff through all the weeks and consolidated it from a 5 day to a 3 days a week. I always kept all my lifting after my warmups to under 45 minutes. At 45 minutes I would get my ass out of the gym.I was doing 2x week CNS duing this time so I I always did Friday night as a long CN and then Saturday night as a shorter/cleaner CN.This was my schedule:Saturday - legs/abs - cleaner shorter CNSunday - whatever the hardest conditioning of the week was it changed weeks 1-4 - ULCMonday - Easier conditioning from the 4 week template - ULCTuesday - Back/tris - ULCWednesday - conditioning - ULCThursday - Chest/shoulders/bis - ULCFriday -  conditioning - long and whatever goes CN

BobPS

Thanks backlash79. I plan on doing the conditioning next month, which will be the 4th month I'm doing CBL. Currently (this month) I workout 4 times a week: Chest on M, Back on T, Wednesday off, Shoulder on Thu and Leg on Friday.  I back load in the evening after every workout, and on Sunday.My plan is to go back to 3 times a week weight training on M, W and F, and do conditioning twice a week on Tuesday and Thursday. Back load only after weight training. I'm gonna give it try for the whole month and see how it goes.

Harris

send me the pdfs if u can to spaniasharris@gmail.com! Thanks in advance!

Viewing 8 posts - 1 through 8 (of 8 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.

4 week conditioning program via Joel Jamieson

Please login / register in order to chat with others.

Forgot your details?