alcohol during carb Backloading?

Viewing 15 posts - 16 through 30 (of 32 total)
  • Author

BenjaminD

Do whatever feels right because you are most likely not a professional bodybuilder or strength athlete.I'm definitely someone who needs to lighten up about these types of things and I think a lot of other people in this forum would benefit from doing the same.

neverComplacent88
    Participant

Alcohol sucks out the water homie. usually youll always wake up shredded. yay for being dehyrated. you sound like a college student like me drinking every weekend. haha i havent drank in forever but after these finals i may do every drug available..... kidding. .....maybe not.

That makes a lot sense.  I am always woke up better after a night of drinking looking better.  Now I know why!

I always thought it was because I was still drunk  🙂

TokyoLifter

Actually in one of the podcasts Kiefer mentions that he used Vodka and glucose as a diuretic to get Alex in shape for the contest on the day before the contest or so.

thestiffmeister
    Participant

I hold water like it's my job and I never look more ripped than after a night of heavy boozing, which then makes me think it's a great idea to go to the gym. By the way, the effect is nullified if you have the late night munchies or if you eat a lot before drinking. The neat thing is that if I don't do anything stupid diet-wise, the dry effect stays with me for a while. It's an awesome feeling waking up someplace you don't know, walking around with no shirt on with the comfort of knowing you look better than the day before, save for your face lol

Brandon D Christ
    Participant

I hold water like it's my job and I never look more ripped than after a night of heavy boozing, which then makes me think it's a great idea to go to the gym. By the way, the effect is nullified if you have the late night munchies or if you eat a lot before drinking. The neat thing is that if I don't do anything stupid diet-wise, the dry effect stays with me for a while. It's an awesome feeling waking up someplace you don't know, walking around with no shirt on with the comfort of knowing you look better than the day before, save for your face lol

To be honest I never had issues with alcohol and anything lifting related.  I do not drink anymore though, just because I get hungover so easily.

I think the only time I've ever woken up feeling and looking like crap after drinking was when I was wasted I thought it would be a smart idea to order pizza for everyone. I was holding water like crazy the next day.I always joke about adding a shot of vodka to my pre-workout because I always have the best workouts the day after a night of heavy drinking.

Brandon D Christ
    Participant

I think the only time I've ever woken up feeling and looking like crap after drinking was when I was wasted I thought it would be a smart idea to order pizza for everyone. I was holding water like crazy the next day.I always joke about adding a shot of vodka to my pre-workout because I always have the best workouts the day after a night of heavy drinking.

In college I had some excellent workouts after drinking (which was like 4 nights a week lol).  That is when I had the biggest gains in mass ever.  So much for you can't build muscle if you are drinking.

pita413
    Participant

To be honest I never had issues with alcohol and anything lifting related.  I do not drink anymore though, just because I get hungover so easily.

Me too ... like 2 day hangovers. BLAH!

McLeod2012

honestly, i never have a hangover. i have no idea why but i havent. ive literally blacked out and woke up the next day fine. its so weird. i may feel a little lethargic but thatd be it. truly blessed. haha

Brandon D Christ
    Participant

honestly, i never have a hangover. i have no idea why but i havent. ive literally blacked out and woke up the next day fine. its so weird. i may feel a little lethargic but thatd be it. truly blessed. haha

I started drinking when I was about 16 and I didn't get my first hangover until I was 19.  I get them even if I only have like five drinks, so i guess they can start anytime.

pita413
    Participant

I started drinking when I was about 16 and I didn't get my first hangover until I was 19.  I get them even if I only have like five drinks, so i guess they can start anytime.

I get HAMMERED off 5 drinks .. and then also hungover for 2 days. I think I had way better tolerance at 17 ha! oh well.

Brandon D Christ
    Participant

I get HAMMERED off 5 drinks .. and then also hungover for 2 days. I think I had way better tolerance at 17 ha! oh well.

I can still hold my liqour, takes a lot to get me drunk, but alcohol just makes me tired and cranky and then I wake up the next morning and feel like shit.

stumprrp

I limit myself to 2 beer because I hate liquor.  Sometimes red wine.  I'm bombed off 2 so it works out!Sent from my SGH-T989 using Tapatalk 2

Gl;itch.e

I can still hold my liqour, takes a lot to get me drunk, but alcohol just makes me tired and cranky and then I wake up the next morning and feel like shit.

For me its more the late nights and not eating that ruins me the next day.

tzanghi
    Participant

I drink pretty heavily every weekend and from my experience if your going to be drinking there are a couple things I do to limit the damage.1. Keep it to hard alcohol with as little chaser or mixer as possible (vodka sodas or whiskey on the rocks)2. I put dextrose in my PWO shake but other than that I limit my edible carbsI do notice my strength is slightly impaired for a day maybe two after some good binge drinking but I don't gain body fat (or it is limited)

I've used 2. and seen success.  I usually drink shitty, shitty beers instead of hard alcohol, though because I can't stand shots and don't want sugar in the mixers.  I basically try to avoid eating anything other than protein prior to or during drinking.  Makes for some awful stomach aches and hangovers, but the look is better.

Viewing 15 posts - 16 through 30 (of 32 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.

alcohol during carb Backloading?

Please login / register in order to chat with others.

Forgot your details?