Appetite out of control

Viewing 8 posts - 1 through 8 (of 8 total)
  • Author

Kevin

Hi,

I started CNS a couple of months ago and I am very pleased with what I see so far. I’m clearly loosing body fat. I avoided working out because I didn’t want to deal with an additional variable. I was using the scale and dieting. I noticed that I have some left over skin or fat jiggling around and people say I am getting too thin so I decided it’s time to get back on my workout regimen. I was struggling to stick to my macros before introducing strength training and now I’m really struggling. My carb nites were every seven days and now I have a hard time doing five. I surpass my calorie and protien limit every day. I used to stay under 30 grams carbs now I’m trying to stay under 50. Sometime I eat two days calories in one. I started working out about a week ago so it might be too early to complain but I was loosing fat and wasn’t sure how adding exercise would affect the situation. I definitely need to work out but it is making me hungry. Any suggestions?

Makoto Tomizawa
    Participant

You don’t necessarily have to do Carb Nite every 5 days. If every 7 days (or more) is easier for you, go with that.
    Without more details it’s really hard to say or suggest anything. What are your macros for ULC days? What are your macros for Carb Nite? What are your stats? What kind of workout are you doing? How long? How often?

Training Log: https://docs.google.com/spreadsheets/d/1vuwHRdBaPVILxxLhXly_N1Ys66Hcwk4j-bM7nvKSLrI/edit?usp=sharing

Kevin

You don’t necessarily have to do Carb Nite every 5 days. If every 7 days (or more) is easier for you, go with that.
    Without more details it’s really hard to say or suggest anything. What are your macros for ULC days? What are your macros for Carb Nite? What are your stats? What kind of workout are you doing? How long?

I said I am having a hard time doing 7 these days. Before working out I was doing 7. The last two carb nite were after four days ULC. My macros are 30 g carbs, 140 fat and protien. I usually go over the protien and sometimes do carbs between 40 and 50 grams.

The workout is a bit unorganized. I use calisthenics, push, pull, leg, lower back and shoulder exercises. I try not to hit the same muscle too much and I use weights when available. I hit it about every other day or so. Carb nite macros are mostly carbs and the macros vary from week to week. I’m 5’8″ I weight between 168 and 172. My body is probably in the low twenties.

Kevin

I’m quessing that my body fat percentage is somewhere around 20%. If you need more info or if that wasn’t specific enough then please let me know exactly what you need to know.

Thank You

Makoto Tomizawa
    Participant

How do you feel going into each workouts?

If hunger is the only issue, you might find eating food with more volume to be helpful. Eat a lot of vegetables, they fill you up. You might also find increasing your protein intake and decreasing your fat intake to be helpful. Fat is very energy dense, and won’t really fill you up, but protein is very filling if you get them from whole food sources.

Training Log: https://docs.google.com/spreadsheets/d/1vuwHRdBaPVILxxLhXly_N1Ys66Hcwk4j-bM7nvKSLrI/edit?usp=sharing

Rag

Hi.

I have never been hungry while doing CNS, but i do eat a shit ton of broccoli.

Put some broccoli in a deep dish, throw some cheese on , melt in the oven for 10 minutes
    after frying meats, throw some broccoli and a spoon of sour cream in the pan, and stir/fry along with the leftover meat juices and spices.
    or just plain steamed broccoli next to your meat.

Broccoli and sour cream are probably my only carbs sources right now 😛 probably average 1-2 bunches of broccoli a day.

Kevin

How do you feel going into each workouts?

If hunger is the only issue, you might find eating food with more volume to be helpful. Eat a lot of vegetables, they fill you up. You might also find increasing your protein intake and decreasing your fat intake to be helpful. Fat is very energy dense, and won’t really fill you up, but protein is very filling if you get them from whole food sources.

I appreciate the replies. I feel fine going into the workouts. It seems that the day after the workout I’m ready to eat everything in sight. I ran into keto before discovering CNS so I quess I still have a phobia about protien. They also say that fat is more filling. I do agree that protien is more satiating to me. I’ll keep it at the one to one ratio for now and keep the raising the protien and lowering the fat in my arsenal for the future.

Thanks again

Kevin

I forgot to add that my main concern is that I have been eating too many calories. I’m aiming for 1940 but last week I averaged about 2400.

Viewing 8 posts - 1 through 8 (of 8 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.

Appetite out of control

Please login / register in order to chat with others.

Forgot your details?