Ate a bite of badness

Viewing 3 posts - 1 through 3 (of 3 total)
  • Author

Tulipan8
    Participant

So I had friends over today and someone brought a beetroot dip that was made with feta cheese and beets. I had a spoonful and then quickly realised beets are not CNS approved! Did I just set myself back?? I am on my 5th day since the start and my first CN is 4 days away!

While I’m here….are atkins protein bars OK?

I find the book is great put perhaps a bit limiting on what can and cant be eaten so I often find myself wondering…”can I eat this?” Like peanut butter…I suppose no? I end up checking the label and deciding based on the g of carbs it has but should I also be looking at sugar levels and the ingredients in more detail?

Just managed to get through a weekend without drinking any alcohol or eating any carbs…that is a pretty big victory for me! But I still have so many doubts/questions…

Alki

You are fine lol. Beets could be eaten on an ULC day as long as you stay under 30 grams and in ketosis (for some people even more carbs could be consumed).
    Don’t buy atkins products…
    Peanuts are not actually nuts – they are legumes.. Carbs and omega-6 are a little high…

Steve Cauffiel
    Participant

In my opinion, avoid all those “protein bars” – to make them taste good they typically have some sort of sugar in them, be it sugar alcohols or whatever, and it’s been shown that that can stall progress. Again, just my opinion and some people have better success eating them than others.

Peanut butter typically has a lot of sugar in it, be careful.

When it comes to veggies and carbs I’ll look them up in MFP when planning out my meals. Be sure to subtract the fiber from the total carbs for a more realistic view of the amount you’ll be taking in. No matter what, I do my best to stay as far away from 30g of carbs as I can.

Good deal on the victory, now on to your second and third and fourth… 🙂

Steve

Viewing 3 posts - 1 through 3 (of 3 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.

Ate a bite of badness

Please login / register in order to chat with others.

Forgot your details?