bit of help with carb nite

Viewing 14 posts - 1 through 14 (of 14 total)
  • Author

arryinnes
    Participant

hello everyone this is my first post and new to carb night,,
    could someone please give me a bit of guidance as i am confused,
    i have bought book and read it,, 30 g of carbs a day no more,, i get that,
    its the amount i dont understand if chicken has 0 carbs, can i eat say 4 chicken breasts in the day bit of ranch dressing bit of grated cheese? then in evening get veg and meat in? as long as i stay under 30 carbs can i eat lots of chicken eggs beef,, the pre set out menu in the book didnt seem that much of amount for me,

Tony Sangimino
    Participant

I’d recommend sticking to fattier meats than chicken breast, but that’s fine. Just make sure you’re not overeating pointless amounts of fat because that can definitely stall progress in body composition. Get in enough protein, fat, fiber, water, and bulk from vegetables and you should be good to go.

I’d also recommend tracking your macros at first for at least a week, that way you have an idea of how much you’re eating. MyfitnessPal and MyMacros+ are the best common ones.

Hope that helps!

souther29
    Participant

I agree with Tony, go for fattier meats, I found chicken thighs (skin on) are great to batch cook with butter, olive oil salt and pepper then use the fat juices afterwards to make a gravy with sour cream (the gravy is epic).

I use cheddar a lot or parmazan with some of the dishes… hard cheeses are best. I try and use 20g carb as the max daily benchmark, that way, if you go over a bit by mistake, it’s fine. Meals such as homemade chilli’s, italian meats and cheese, chicken thighs have all stood me in good stead as ULC meals. Hope this helps a bit.

Olly

arryinnes
    Participant

thankyou both for replying,, so i can eat a good amount of meat just be aware of pointless fats ,,just one other thing if you are still there, when i look at a food label what would be the carb amount you guys count as a part of your daily intake.. i was going to cook chicken and leeks with cheese a leek label has this..per 100g
    carb 2.9g
    sugars 2.2g
    fibre 2.2g
    so to be on the safe side should i just say 3 g of carbs and thats it or do i take the fibre away from the carbs

soryy to be asking just busting to get going with this

Tony Sangimino

Take the fiber away from the carbs, and I wouldn’t bother counting the carbs from green leafy vegetables or broccoli, etc. Just the starchier stuff.

arryinnes
    Participant

excellent,thakyou again,, so if you dont mind what do you eat in the average day?

tracey

Just jumping in here…..Tony, why not count carbs from leafy greens? I love kale but surprisingly it has alot of carbs.

Scot Ethington
    Participant

Fiber carbs don’t count towards the 30 carbs

Sent from my SM-N910T using Tapatalk

awe1028

I have been on Carb Nite solution for 2 cycles and instead of losing weight I have actually gained weight. I have gained eight lbs going from 174 lbs to 182 lbs after the second carb nite cycle I believe I have followed the instructions closely and seeing the success others on the forums with CNS makes it even more frustrating. Could someone please advise.

jarek

Hi awe1028,

As I have simillar experience I could say that higher weight could commes from new muscles. I do not know anything about you but for commparison I am 43 years old, I’ve been overweight for more than 15 years, I think I am insuline resistant but I am not diabetic. When I started CN in February I was 86kg but today I am 92 kg! I was shocked and frustrated – two months after CN and I am bigger?! So, I decided to have cheat meals every 2-3 weeks. I also added some activities – 75-90 kettlebells swings 2-3 times a week. One an hour after my kettlebells workout I eat 1-2 bananas or some simillar amount of healthy carbs. Now I can see progress. I have still 92 kg but I can see I have less fat. Try it.

Ed G

Hi,

This is a bit of a self-interested post.
    I am just wondering if this is the proper forum for those who purchased the Carb Nite Solution book. It has been a while, but back when I purchased it there was a general Dangerously Hardcore discussion of CNS and then there was a forum exclusive for people who purchased the book.

Also, Kiefer recently mentioned that he will be releasing the software for those who purchased Carb Nite 1.0. How can I be sure that I am on that list, besides having to re-purchase it.

Ed G

Joel Alain
    Participant

Hi awe1028,

As I have simillar experience I could say that higher weight could commes from new muscles. I do not know anything about you but for commparison I am 43 years old, I’ve been overweight for more than 15 years, I think I am insuline resistant but I am not diabetic. When I started CN in February I was 86kg but today I am 92 kg! I was shocked and frustrated – two months after CN and I am bigger?! So, I decided to have cheat meals every 2-3 weeks. I also added some activities – 75-90 kettlebells swings 2-3 times a week. One an hour after my kettlebells workout I eat 1-2 bananas or some simillar amount of healthy carbs. Now I can see progress. I have still 92 kg but I can see I have less fat. Try it.

If you’re eating 2 bananas after a workout (or other “healthy” carbs) you aren’t doing CNS. Just sayin’

Anonymous
    Inactive

Either you’re lifting weights or eating hidden carbs. One guy below said he eats “healthy carbs”, bananas, but there is no such thing. All carbs count towards your daily max. Aim for 20 gm Max.

Anonymous
    Inactive

One banana has 27 carbs, so you are not following CNS if you’re eating two unless it’s only on Carb Nite!

Viewing 14 posts - 1 through 14 (of 14 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.

bit of help with carb nite

Please login / register in order to chat with others.

Forgot your details?