Body IO® FM #43 |T3 Fuel, Hypothyroidism and Metabolic Issues

• This topic has 3 voices and 5 replies.
Viewing 6 posts - 1 through 6 (of 6 total)
  • Author

Spatz

Body IO® FM #43 |T3 Fuel, Hypothyroidism and Metabolic Issueshttp://body.io/body-io-fm-43-t3-fuel-hypothyroidism-and-metabolic-issues/

Here's a podcast rundown, this is NOT word for word, this is my typing trying to keep up with what they are saying. There will be misspelled words. There will be broken sentences. If it sounds interesting to you GO LISTEN TO IT. Do not just read this and then use what you read here, listen to the bullets that concern you and apply them.

3:00 – Two way communication cycle. T3 regulates metabolism. Coupling protein 1 helps us regulate body temp., you need it to be healthy.9:00 – you could up the dose to 2x daily due to heavy work load prepping for meet type situation9:19 – Sickness of mitochondria, 2 reasons for it – 1 – too much stuff through the mitochondria. Too much food. Shut down. 2 – Chronic dieter not eating enough food. Not enough sustenance. Needs to be handled with diet and training too.11:40 – Have you seen any negative effects of Resveratrol? Any downsides? – too much can make you …run to the restroom. (Too much, like the whole bottle)12:50 – T3 will help, but its not going to fix a broken thyroid.13:20 – AJ – Low fat diet experiment, cardio, running, 2 months in, wasn’t good for her thyroid. To fix she cut her carbs and upped her fat.15:00 – Talking about why women shouldn’t run.25:50 – Can you take T3 fuel if you’re on thyroid medication? – YES. You should use both until the issue is resolved, T3 will keep everything running smoothly.27:11 – What time of day should I take T3? – Does not matter if you take it with or without food, however if taken with a high fat load fat it could decrease the overall bioavailability. Take it before you eat would be best. Ideal time to take T3 for highest absorption rate would be in the morning. Wake up, take T3.28:52 – Caffeine in the morning with T3? – You “could” see an effect. Take it before or a while after coffee.29:44 – Do you get wicked hot at night after using CS? – Good sign, everything is running well at that point. 30:43 – one of the main pathways of activation and benefit for Resveratrol is through cert 1 gene pathway. Metabolites of leucine also works through that pathway. Competitive activation between mTor and the cert 1 gene activation. One is down when the other is up. Interesting synergism between taking high amounts of leucine and high amounts of Resveratrol at the same time, we see greater fat oxidation (both in fat cells and muscle cells) and greater hypertrophy signals in muscle cells when taken together. 33:35 – If you are training and taking T3, take it pre-workout. It can take up to an hour to an hour and a half for blood levels to rise after taking it. Post workout when you take your Carb shock you have large amounts of leucine you’re taking as well and those in combination with the Resveratrol will give you very powerful restorative effects and benefits from your training, so you may not want to take it first thing in the morning, you’d want to move it around.34:55 – Female body.io radio talk 36:05 – dysmenorrhea - is a medical condition of pain during menstruation that interferes with daily activities (AJ has experienced it to the point that of passing out from pain). Pain is comparable to 3x what good labor pain/pressure is like. Immediately after taking T3 she has absolutely no pain. Never happened in her life. Research shows that Resveratrol has been used in many studies to prevent uterine contractions. (Spatz says: So don’t take it if you’re trying to go into labor…  )41:44 – Not on thyroid meds but have issues with being cold and want my thyroid to be optimal, how long do I supp with T3 fuel? – Forever. It will benefit you the rest of your life. May not fix you being cold all the time… could be other issues.44:11 – Can I take it if I’m hyperthyroid? – You should be able to.47:28 – Good for vascular health as well, multiple benefits beyond thyroid. 47:56 – One thing about the cold tolerance, Kiefer was curious if Resveratrol has any effects on beige fat cells.49:00 – What are some symptoms of hypothyroidism? –(Losing hair can be due to multiple stressors [crash dieting, postpartum, over-exercising, etc…]) – Dry skin, constipation, cold intolerance, fatigue, mental fog, inability to lose weight. – Why? Exercising too much, eating too little food, eating too many carbs, etc…58:00 – Prego or nursing women? We don’t really know. Ask your doc.BOTTOM LINE: Take your T3.

Melvin McLain
    Participant

Nice job! Thanks!

Spatz

No problem, lot of good information in there. Had a few people asking if it was worth listening to, so I figured this would be a good thing to add.

Mag
    Participant

OMG Spatz,you are freakin amazing.Please,please do this for more podcasts if possible.For some reason my Podcast comprehension goes straight in the dumper,but my Spatz comprehension is excellent.

Spatz

Haha! That's funny. I generally do it for all podcasts I listen to, and I keep it on a word Doc on my computer so when someone asks a question that I vaguely recall I can just go to my word doc and use Ctrl-F and find it in a jiffy. So in the future I'll try and post it if I feel there's a lot of information that would benefit. I don't take very good notes like this if its a podcast where they are interviewing some doctor (unless its rocky) so don't hold your breath for those.

Mag
    Participant

Any help is appreciated.I don't know what it is,Even though I am interested,it is just very HARD to stay focused on these podcasts.As someone who has sat through a few very dry training films,I know I'm not alone.When I really want to get something out of it,I sit next to the guy who just had two coffees and has another one on the table,this way he can elbow me in the ribs if I start getting woozy.

Viewing 6 posts - 1 through 6 (of 6 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.

Body IO® FM #43 |T3 Fuel, Hypothyroidism and Metabolic Issues

Please login / register in order to chat with others.

Forgot your details?