Carb Nite and Intermittent Fasting

Viewing 2 posts - 1 through 2 (of 2 total)
  • Author

Donald Wheeler
    Participant

Hi all – tried finding the answers in the forums but couldn’t; please direct me if they exist. Can Carb Nite and Intermittent Fasting co-exist? I have gotten into the habit of 7 PM – 5 pm (i.e., 22 hr) fasts most days prior to doing Carb Nite. I have kept it going but in listening to the older body.io podcasts, Kiefer doesn’t seem to think it’s a good idea.

Basically, are there physiological reasons to not do this? Should I start eating breakfast? I don’t need it from a hunger perspective and am only in the first weekly round after reorientation. Thanks for any input.

Tony Sangimino

ULC mimics the effects of fasting. Using IF and then eating ULC over a period of time can lead to hormonal down regulation.

IF is a tool that can be used occasionally, however it’s not something we recommend. 22 hour fasts are pretty long, even for IF standards. No reason to hold off that long. You don’t necessarily have to eat breakfast, but getting some kind of fat in, or having a ULC meal for brunch/lunch would probably be a good idea.

Viewing 2 posts - 1 through 2 (of 2 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.

Carb Nite and Intermittent Fasting

Please login / register in order to chat with others.

Forgot your details?