Carb Nite: Getting Stronger and Dropping Fat

• This topic has 14 voices and 27 replies.
Viewing 15 posts - 1 through 15 (of 28 total)
  • Author

Richard Schmitt

Richard Schmitt

Alright so I made it into a sticky because this would be a good opportunity for an open discussion with full of questions and answers. I'm currently asking DH Kiefer how to literally structure Shockwave to this new article and to using Carb Nite. Also if that there is any other routines that can used as well.

Qaash

The link is not working.

Richard Schmitt

The link is not working.

Thank you I didn't know that. It should be working now.

Fairy

Woohoo! 🙂 This is a very good point:Within a three month period, assuming you’re a male carrying excessive body fat, it’s possible—and even typical—to lose 20-40 pounds of fat. Sounds great, right? Well, yes, but what happens when you take off this much fat is that you’re radically changing the shape of your body. This means that after a while, you’re essentially a whole new person, and you have to take the time to relearn how your body moves.

systemf

To all, How does HIIT fit in the schedule. I am doing CNS+SW now. So 1-2 day post CN HIIT and rest of the week SW? Seems contrary to what JB is saying, esp the days post CN. Thanks.

Richard Schmitt

HIIT can be done post CN. It all depends on your goal and what you want out of CNS. You can do HIIT on Core Day if anything and Sunday. You'll have to schedule SW to match those needs too.

Woohoo! 🙂 This is a very good point:Within a three month period, assuming you’re a male carrying excessive body fat, it’s possible—and even typical—to lose 20-40 pounds of fat. Sounds great, right? Well, yes, but what happens when you take off this much fat is that you’re radically changing the shape of your body. This means that after a while, you’re essentially a whole new person, and you have to take the time to relearn how your body moves.

I can attest to this.I've dropped just about 26 lbs. on CNS, thus far (my first cycle)... while I could always handle myself in martial arts with that extra weight, I am so much faster, more flexible, etc. now.I was demonstrating kicks at a friend's request last Friday night, and I was kicking over her head.  I could always get to head-level on any opponent I've fought, but what I was doing was some straight-up Olympic TaeKwonDo shit at my new bodyweight.  Not really useful in a fight, but fancy as fuck to look at.My Hook Kicks and Back Spinning Kicks were also much faster, and more accurate at that speed.  She was shocked, but not nearly as much as I was!  I am a heavy kicker, so this is very pleasing.  I cannot wait to fight in my new weight-class.  That said, I am still a Super Heavy by Kyokushin standard.Cory

I quick update fellas, my weight has leveled off at 190lbs but I do feel my waste is still thrinking and I am getting more vascular slowly.I am working out still on Mon, Wed, Fri, and Sat at 6am.I have found a nice combination of meals that I wanted you to look at for me:Workout days, no back load:-full chicken breast boiled with an added table spoon of olive oil and bbq sauce-lunch is 1lb of 80/20 ground beef with 2 tables spoons of radu sauce with garlic and onion-dinner is half a rotiserie chicken with skin and low fat saladOff days with back load-breakfast is 3 eggs and 4 strips of bacon-chicken breast with side salad and high fat dressing-dinner is chicken sandwich on white bread with white rice, 3 glazed donuts, 1 strawberry pop tart covered with half a quart of birthday cake ice cream. Does the diet seem on point, I was backloading 4 nights before my workouts in the mornings, but to accelerate fat loss, I am only going to backload two nights a week going forward?

paolagarcia

Hello Everyone I am new here, and need some general advice about the program. I bought CBL and after reading it I was very intrigued with all the information provided but it was a little too much for me. But I still felt that I was on to something, so I bought CN…and this is the first time in my life that I can actually relate to a program and I could understand a lot of whys that I been acummulating thru the years of yoyo dieting and weight issues. Anyways....For the past few days I have been fasting in the mornings and only have coffee…during lunch and dinner I been having protein with salads, vegies and I eat cheese or nuts in between when I get hungry. But I dont know if this is enoguh or I am eating to little, becuase I could eat a lot!!!So overall I just want to ask: how does your eating and working out rutine looks like?. If there is something in particular that I should be doing. Is it ok only to have coffee in the mornings on CN or only on CBL? What are good ideas for snacks, I am having trouble putting things toguether always end up eating cheese or nuts. I am a women, 27 years old, 5'5 and currently 150 pounds. My main goal is to loose weight and get fit but more importantly to maintain it that way. In the past when I start a program it works perfect for a while but then I gain it all back…so it is hard to start all over again. I also have some basic questions.... during a non CN should I eat fat at dinner or should I only eat fat in the morning with my coffee (I love the coconut oil idea… it's just one spoon right? and then at lunch which it tend to be around 1 or 2....sometimes before…depends on my work schedule…then my dinner is usually at 7 730 but I should not have any fat during this meal? also....for a women like me how many meals should I have? I know Kiefer says that each person is different and everyone should have the meals they feel they need…but I tend to overeat so I don't feel my judgment is trustworthy on this one. Also for workouts… I know Kiefer says that weight lifting is the best....but I have never done anything like that, I always did areobics classes, which I actually never liked but thought they would get me somewhere. Are there any specific routines that I should do? Kiefer says that working out at night is best, but I like doing some streching, yoga or pilates in the morning, can I still do that and then do weight training at night? my morning routine I do not take it so much as a workout just a way to get my day started with a positive mind on it…and also because I have a bad back (due to a car accident) and streching my back helps a lot with the pain. I am planning on hiring a trainer to get help with the weights (I do not want to injured my self, already did that with a weight training program at home) so do you think I should mix weights with cardio? or should I just stick with one? Thank you so much…sorry is this long but I wanted to be as detailed as possible, so you could help me out. PAOLA

Richard Schmitt

Hello Everyone I am new here, and need some general advice about the program. I bought CBL and after reading it I was very intrigued with all the information provided but it was a little too much for me. But I still felt that I was on to something, so I bought CN…and this is the first time in my life that I can actually relate to a program and I could understand a lot of whys that I been acummulating thru the years of yoyo dieting and weight issues. Anyways....For the past few days I have been fasting in the mornings and only have coffee…during lunch and dinner I been having protein with salads, vegies and I eat cheese or nuts in between when I get hungry. But I dont know if this is enoguh or I am eating to little, becuase I could eat a lot!!!So overall I just want to ask: how does your eating and working out rutine looks like?. If there is something in particular that I should be doing. Is it ok only to have coffee in the mornings on CN or only on CBL? What are good ideas for snacks, I am having trouble putting things toguether always end up eating cheese or nuts. I am a women, 27 years old, 5'5 and currently 150 pounds. My main goal is to loose weight and get fit but more importantly to maintain it that way. In the past when I start a program it works perfect for a while but then I gain it all back…so it is hard to start all over again. I also have some basic questions.... during a non CN should I eat fat at dinner or should I only eat fat in the morning with my coffee (I love the coconut oil idea… it's just one spoon right? and then at lunch which it tend to be around 1 or 2....sometimes before…depends on my work schedule…then my dinner is usually at 7 730 but I should not have any fat during this meal? also....for a women like me how many meals should I have? I know Kiefer says that each person is different and everyone should have the meals they feel they need…but I tend to overeat so I don't feel my judgment is trustworthy on this one. Also for workouts… I know Kiefer says that weight lifting is the best....but I have never done anything like that, I always did areobics classes, which I actually never liked but thought they would get me somewhere. Are there any specific routines that I should do? Kiefer says that working out at night is best, but I like doing some streching, yoga or pilates in the morning, can I still do that and then do weight training at night? my morning routine I do not take it so much as a workout just a way to get my day started with a positive mind on it…and also because I have a bad back (due to a car accident) and streching my back helps a lot with the pain. I am planning on hiring a trainer to get help with the weights (I do not want to injured my self, already did that with a weight training program at home) so do you think I should mix weights with cardio? or should I just stick with one? Thank you so much…sorry is this long but I wanted to be as detailed as possible, so you could help me out. PAOLA

Why'd you post this here? This is not the place for that.

paolagarcia

sorry…It wont happen again

Richard Schmitt

sorry...It wont happen again

Wasn't meaning it like that. I'll fix it soon no worries. 😉

Richard Schmitt

Not an article from Mark Bell but an interesting article for tips on getting stronger and leaner. (still can be applied greatly to build muscle)http://www.seanhyson.com/blog/2013-ways-to-get-stronger-leaner-part-i

Richard Schmitt

New and great information for everyone who wants to get stronger! Can use this method for CNS or even CBL. Also not just for women but a great read for everyone. http://www.dangerouslyhardcore.com/3362/the-sexy-strong-woman-lose-weight-gain-muscle-by-julia-ladewski/Pretty much something I've been doing as well for a while in a way ;D

Viewing 15 posts - 1 through 15 (of 28 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.

Carb Nite: Getting Stronger and Dropping Fat

Please login / register in order to chat with others.

Forgot your details?