carb nite menu for average guy

Viewing 5 posts - 1 through 5 (of 5 total)
  • Author

arryinnes

hello everyone,, im getting my info together to start my carb nite program,, wondering if any of you would be kind enough to share a normal daily meal plan for the average working guy,,would really appreciate any ideas thankyou very much

Richard Schmitt

hello everyone,, im getting my info together to start my carb nite program,, wondering if any of you would be kind enough to share a normal daily meal plan for the average working guy,,would really appreciate any ideas thankyou very much

I could give information on what I do for an ultra low carb day (ULC). What I do will be different for you because we don’t know weight or body fat percentage to really give much detail. However for me, from 8-9:30am I’ll have a couple cups of coffee with some HWC. I try to get around 2-4 tbsp with it to break my fast. I typically do that before the 12th hour is up after my last meal. So if you stop eating around 9pm, try to have something to break a fast before 9am. Then I’ll have a meal around lunch time, that consists of 30g-42g protein with roughly the same amount of fats. I’ll do this again 2-3 hours later. (If you don’t train, I would suggest going higher on the protein amount with fats as well. That’s why I have 42g showing for days I don’t lift.) Now I follow CBL at the moment, but for my off days I’ll consume another 42g meal with similar fats again before dinner. Another 2-3 hours rolls around I’ll consume the same gram amount of protein with same amount of fats (or less) for dinner. I’ll have another meal before bed that is roughly the same amount again. So I can at least have 180g or more of protein and fats. I hope this helps.

JP

(If you don’t train, I would suggest going higher on the protein amount with fats as well)

Hey Tex, why more protein if you don’t train? I thought it was suggested to up to you fats not protein if you don’t train and if you train up your protein.

arryinnes

thankyou for taking time to reply, your at a more advanced level than me when it comes to grams of fat and protein,i will have to learn this soon,for a minute though would this menu do for carb nite days ??
    im about 16 and half stone,pretty strong (mess about with lifting) and have phsycal job

6 o clock…..coffee(couple of sweetners and splash of milk)

10 o clock….low carb scotch egg(just pork mince and egg baked)

1 0 clock…..say 5-6 chicken drumsticks

6 o clock…..pork chops and veg (cabbage,carrots )then sugar free jelly

snack maybe a bit of cheese and some more jelly

(no silly condiments, just salt/pepper/ranch dressing)

what do you think big tex would this be a good start for carb nite?

Richard Schmitt

(If you don’t train, I would suggest going higher on the protein amount with fats as well)

Hey Tex, why more protein if you don’t train? I thought it was suggested to up to you fats not protein if you don’t train and if you train up your protein.

It’s only “more” amounts in each meal because I’m not consuming a protein shake that will help balance out the amount of protein I need in a day. Along with equaling the fats to have a 1:1 ratio.

Awesome Arryinnes, this information helps. For the coffee, I would suggest getting some heavy cream or heavy whipping cream in place of milk, it’ll be a better replacement than just regular milk, and you need the fats not the carbs. I would suggest weighing your food ahead of time or knowing the gram amounts to what you’re consuming, because I don’t know how much pork or eggs you are having to really give you definite answer on whether or not you’re eating enough.

Viewing 5 posts - 1 through 5 (of 5 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.

carb nite menu for average guy

Please login / register in order to chat with others.

Forgot your details?