Carbnight and Dextrose

Tagged: 

Viewing 3 posts - 1 through 3 (of 3 total)
  • Author

Pedro Müller
    Participant

As far I understand, the biggest insulin response the better, but I noticed that carb nights mainly consist in eating medium to high GI carbs, like desserts made with table sugars and potatoes.

What about doing a backloading with pure maltodextrin or dextrose?

any help with supplements?

I train 5am in the morning, I do IF until noon.

Richard Schmitt

Are you doing Carb Backloading or Carb Nite.

There isn’t anything wrong with supplementing with dextrose, but whole food choices will be better for filling you up. Using dextrose in a shake or with a carb meal will help provide the necessary insulin response you are looking for. I’ve done it with pretty much everything.

Also regarding your “IF” until noon, may I suggest to stop? From Kiefer’s webinar a while back for AM Training the PWO protocol could be done as this:
    Finish training, wait an hour after training to consume a high glycemic, protein shake, using Carb Shock with whey protein is a good choice here, or just through in some Leucine with whey protein. WAIT ANOTHER HOUR to consume whole foods, but in the mean time drink coffee with or with MCT Oil or Coconut oil. Then proceed with an ULC lunch after that hour, and a meal later. If you’re CBL’ing, eat the carbs that evening.

Pedro Müller
    Participant

Thanks for the response big text, I’m not following any protocol yet (besides a ketogenic diet) I’m just doing my research about CN and CBL, but since I want to get lean I’m considering doing CN.

I was just curious about dextrose because the GI, as far I understand the bigger the GI the best insulin response you have, but I can try doing both approaches and see if I “notice” any difference.

thanks for suggesting stop doing IF (I’m doing it because of my current protocol), I haven’t seen the webinar you mentioned in your comment it would be great if you can share that resource, regarding to the food I think having that amount of meals for me seems too much food for me I’m 170cms tall, 165 pounds but the bulletproof coffee is a good idea, just have a doubt, I’m avoiding coffee because it raises the cortisol levels especially in the mornings, but I’m not sure if this is a significant factor to take in consideration.

then the protocol I could follow:

Low carb day
    – from 5 to 6am training
    – 1 hour later whey/leucine/dextrose – or any sugar (7am)
    – 1 hour later / bulletproof (8am) coffee
    – low carb lunch 12:15 (noon)
    – low carb dinner between 7 and 8 pm

Carb night
    – same as Low carb day but I could add dextrose at 7pm, and hour before dinner
    – I tend to go to bed between 9 and 10pm.

does that make sense?
    regards,

Pedro.

• This reply was modified 8 years, 7 months ago by Pedro Müller.
Viewing 3 posts - 1 through 3 (of 3 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.

Carbnight and Dextrose

Please login / register in order to chat with others.

Forgot your details?