Carbs for BL

Viewing 14 posts - 1 through 14 (of 14 total)
  • Author

Stephen Gonzalez
    Participant

If you have a PWO shake with dextrose, will that be subtracted out of your total carbs for back loading?

Richard Schmitt

yes

Stephen Gonzalez
    Participant

Thanks.  So if you wanted to just eat your carbs for backload instead you would just the PWO with Leucine instead carbs?  Is there any loss here? Is the insulin spike better or worse with dextrose? I assume better. 

Richard Schmitt

No, you can move that carb amount towards your backload total. The spike will be high with the whey and Leucine regardless.

Nicholas Alonzo
    Participant

Thanks.  So if you wanted to just eat your carbs for backload instead you would just the PWO with Leucine instead carbs?  Is there any loss here? Is the insulin spike better or worse with dextrose? I assume better.

TBH I just eat my carb meal immediately after drinking my PWO shakeGoes something like 24 grams whey 5 gram leuicine and a big bowl of rice chex with dextrose and skim milk all at once.

ponlawat pitsuwan
    Participant

baldo rice …is it high in glycemix index????

Richard Schmitt

baldo rice ...is it high in glycemix index????

Should Google it.

Greg

Kiefer says that milk lowers the GI of what you eat it with. Isn’t that going to cancel out the high GI cereal and dextrose? Trying to figure out when to use milk.

Makoto Tomizawa
    Participant

If I’m not mistaken, glycemic index and insulin output are not the same, since GI refers specifically to blood glucose (think protein, no carbs, but certain amounts and types have a large insulin output).
    Milk is great post workout, or just in a backload in general.

Training Log: https://docs.google.com/spreadsheets/d/1vuwHRdBaPVILxxLhXly_N1Ys66Hcwk4j-bM7nvKSLrI/edit?usp=sharing

Greg

Kiefer says that the low glycemic carbs will kill the growth hormone release at night. Should we not worry about this because milk isn’t a carb? Does the insulin response cancel this out?

Greg Welch

Anyone know how milk will affect the nighttime growth hormone release? Moderator?

pfiedler42
    Participant

any inputs on pancakes and syrup for a back load????!?!?!

Greg

The milk question…searched the net and cannot find anything.

Wondering about the see-saw between milk being high insulinogenic but low GI and the affect on growth hormone release at night that Keifer references in CBL 1.0.

Will the fact that its low GI affect the growth hormone release while we sleep at night?

Sahar Ali
    Participant

Viewing 14 posts - 1 through 14 (of 14 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.

Carbs for BL

Please login / register in order to chat with others.

Forgot your details?