CBL macros on track?

Viewing 6 posts - 1 through 6 (of 6 total)
  • Author

Isaak Pelitidis
    Participant

Hi guys, wanting to see if my macors for my backload days are up to standard. if i need more of a particular macro-nutrient (carbs,fat,pro). i am 24 about 5,7 87kg with around 15-20% body fat. I just started Powerlifting. I train 4 days a week (mon/wed/friday/sat) every other day in between is an off day.

training days I have around 3100 cal which consist of 250g pro, 300g carb, 100g fat.
    OFF days i go ULC all day, usually around 2200 cal consisting of 200g pro, 150g fat.

I take supps like creatine, bcaas, protein/carbshock on training days post workout (only).

what you guys think? am I on track with my macro breakdown? should i back load on off days to keep glycogen levels saturated for the next days lift?

any criticism is allowed 😛 just want it to be perfect.

Richard Schmitt

Could drop the protein down to your bodyweight, you really don’t need too much, but that is right at 1.3g/BW (in pounds) It would depend on your goal with your body. What program style are you doing for your training? That can play a role on how much carbs you need or don’t need, and everything else can be adjust with your training.

Richard Schmitt

Could drop the protein down to your bodyweight, you really don’t need too much, but that is right at 1.3g/BW (in pounds) It would depend on your goal with your body. What program style are you doing for your training? That can play a role on how much carbs you need or don’t need, and everything else can be adjust with your training.

Isaak Pelitidis
    Participant

ok cool sounds good Tex, i like where my protein is at atm keeps me full and i love to eat meat lol. as far as my training goes i do basically 5×5 on all my lifts (mon-dead, wed-bench, firday-squat, sat-accessory) but as i get closer to my goal the weight increases and reps decrease eg. 3×3 2×2 then max lift. when i started PL my trainer didnt like my approach to eating as i told him i backload my carbs, he told me to eat 50g of carbs at everymeal like a traditional diet.. i told him i would follow his recommendations to keep him happy (but i havnt, i have been backloading ever since i started :P). i really believe backloading is the efficient/effective way of eating. so if you think im on track with all of this let me know. thanks heaps, im an engineer by qualification and i love things to run like clockwork. if i have to change something to achieve a better outcome i will do it.

Richard Schmitt

Depending on the length and intensity of the training, there could be different avenues to do while on CBL, not necessarily having carbs with every meal, but maybe before. This all depends though, still manipulating carbs around your training time too. For right now follow the book as is, and experiment later once you figure out the lego pieces.

Isaak Pelitidis
    Participant

Ok cool sounds like a plan, I guess we all have to figure out works for ourselves, we are all different and it takes time to find our sweet spot. trial and error is the only way to figure that out. Thanks for the insight Tex really appreciate it.

Viewing 6 posts - 1 through 6 (of 6 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.

CBL macros on track?

Please login / register in order to chat with others.

Forgot your details?