CNS and CBL Members Please Read

• This topic has 16 voices and 29 replies.
Viewing 15 posts - 16 through 30 (of 30 total)
  • Author

Tanner Fox
    Participant

I started an FAQ like 6 months ago...and gave it to Naomi. Dunno where it is now but I could re-start it.

Do you have the copy you sent to Naomi?  We could build it from there.

Nicholas E bucci
    Participant

I try and do searches but the information is kind of all over the place sometimes (not all of the time) and often changes with different posts.I appreciate all of you who take the time to organize the forum and answer questions.

+1. I've been known to ask some questions as well, but recently it only occurs when I can't find what I'm looking for with the search function. Due to the exact factors Tex stated (tons of new threads everyday) when you use the search function up you get 500 different threads, some of them with simply the word your searching for in it. For example i was looking for a specific answer to an AM lifting question and when I typed in "AM Training" every single post that had the word "am" in it popped up  😮Def like the idea of a FAQ thread (I'm assuming it'll be more streamlined than the current FAQ section?), the less cluttered everything is the better. And again mad props to all the moderators that keep things running here, your work does not go unappreciated.

Damon Amato
    Participant

I started an FAQ like 6 months ago...and gave it to Naomi. Dunno where it is now but I could re-start it.

Do you have the copy you sent to Naomi?  We could build it from there.

I emailed it to you.

Jas0n

An FAQ is a great and much needed idea IMHO, particularly if we could get Keifer's definitive answers on some of the commonly asked questions like Tanner mentioned.My personal perspective for what its worth - I've been lurking the DH forums for the past several days now and to be honest, having purchased the book to get more detail over and above what's out there, I am quite disappointed. Aside from the references that you get in Keifer's book which are definitely in and of themselves make the book worthy of a purchase,  I have bought the book with the intention of getting more specific answers to many aspects of CBL I didn't fully understand which were raised by Keifer in his articles/interviews. Unfortunately I have yet to receive the answers/detail I was looking for and the DH forums seem like a collection of personal experiences whose authenticity/value can't be objectively determined one way or another. Heck, I even signed up to the digital version of Power magazine looking for more detail/answers from his articles but once again was let down by what seemed more like infomercials rather than practical advice. Keifer has repetitively mentioned in his podcast the so called 'CBL gurus' who consistently give wrong advice. Considering the prevalence of these so called gurus I would've loved to see some definitive answers from Keifer himself about many of the common questions people have, particularly for those who have purchased a copy of his book in the search for these answers. Part of the reason why so many gurus spring up with shoddy advice in the first place is because Keifer hasn't provided an official word on many of the issues people are having trouble with IMHO. I am not trying to have a go at Keifer and I completely understand that he has a lot on his hands but I think it is in his best interest to provide some practical advice/definitive answers in the form of an FAQ perhaps for the sake of improving the overall quality and long term prosperity of this community. Once again please take my personal experience for what it's worth, it is my personal view of the situation and I don't claim it encapsulates anyone else's feelings on the forums.Jason.

Richard Schmitt

I feel like a lot of members have not read this or even bothered to look through the forums. Just that lazy, “give me, give me, give me” personality. I hate to do it, but to keep from repeating threads, I feel like removing them is the best option. It's called “search” or “research” for a reason.

Go Heavy
    Participant

I just saw this thread just now and I've been here a few months. lol  I think alot of the people who come here stay in whatever section correlates to them.  Maybe a copy paste sticky of this thread in every section is in order? Might save ya some work later Big Tex. That way until the faq is done anyway, people can't say they didn't know to look.  Because the last thread I looked at concerning this matter, it was perfectly fine to just ask away whatever it was. lolI just hope whatever the solution that we continue to be excellent to one another. At bodybuilding.com or smashboards for the videogaming type, questions...even good ones are frowned upon or cast aside daily.Not to say there aren't countless pointless questions also, just the attitude is different there then here. I like here better.

briansimon50

Everyone here does their aspect to help each other with their objectives, programs, concerns, etc. With that being said, a lot of new associates are asking the identical query or thinking so as many of us has before. Significance that there are discussions and content put up in these boards with the response. Up at the right aspect of your pc, latop, or base place where you use Tapatalk is a 'Search' option. Use it. It's there for a purpose. If you can't look for the response to your query, then you can create a line and publish that query. Please don't use the whole community to publish a ton of concerns, create one line and go from there. If it's only one query not requiring much interest, then PM a moderator or someone who can help.

Richard Schmitt

Everyone needs to read this AGAIN

pshannon

So your saying I can't eat fruit during the day?

Richard Schmitt

So your saying I can't eat fruit during the day?

As long as it's under 30g of usable carbs sure! Go ahead...freak

Marty P Koch
    Participant

I feel like a lot of members have not read this or even bothered to look through the forums. Just that lazy, "give me, give me, give me" personality. I hate to do it, but to keep from repeating threads, I feel like removing them is the best option. It's called "search" or "research" for a reason.

Amen, Tex.  It becomes drudgery and leads to quick burnout when one's business gets into the realm of spoonfeeding the othwerwise able-bodied.As a longtime member of another board where the tactic is frequently used, perhaps it is time to start giving a standard "Use the search function and then come back if you still have questions," response to the most basic questions that seem to be repeated ad infinitum.  Once someone has shown that they have done their homework, then open up to answering specific, 'next-level' questions on some of the not-so-well defined points.

Richard Schmitt

I feel like a lot of members have not read this or even bothered to look through the forums. Just that lazy, "give me, give me, give me" personality. I hate to do it, but to keep from repeating threads, I feel like removing them is the best option. It's called "search" or "research" for a reason.

Amen, Tex.  It becomes drudgery and leads to quick burnout when one's business gets into the realm of spoonfeeding the othwerwise able-bodied.As a longtime member of another board where the tactic is frequently used, perhaps it is time to start giving a standard "Use the search function and then come back if you still have questions," response to the most basic questions that seem to be repeated ad infinitum.  Once someone has shown that they have done their homework, then open up to answering specific, 'next-level' questions on some of the not-so-well defined points.

When I say that, people don't like to hear that or to do that. I get shit comments for that.

I've had some luck with the search function, and it's in my nature to want to figure things out myself (I think you retain it better that way) however I do agree that there should be some stickied thread that only moderators can post to with “updates” to the book.  Just from the perspective of one who's recently purchased CBL, I will say that Kiefer seems to set up the “expectation” that the book is outdated and that one should go to the forums to get the most recent information until a rev can be released. Consider that there are all different types of people out there.  Those with lots of time and little money (think college students).  Then there are people with little time and little money and finally those with more money than time.  This is not a rant, just offering different perspectives.  Some people would rather shell out the cash to have everything laid out in one convenient place as they have more money than time.  Now imagine you're one of those people with very little time.  Maybe you also don't have a lot of money, but you've paid for the book and now you're told you have to go spend time searching the forums for the proper interpretation of what you've read. You can see why some may have that attitude.  Customer retention is just as important to growing a business as finding new customers (a happy, satisfied customer is an advocate and free marketing).My recommendation to Kiefer would be to either release a CBL 2.0 or prioritize forum organization and get his updated recommendations and clarifications for CBL out onto a members only sticky section.  Otherwise, if he continues to release a product like CBL as-is (outdated and incomplete in parts), he may wind up with more bitter customers than satisfied ones.  There's an old saying in the restaurant business that one dissatisfied customer will tell a dozen friends.  Now imagine how many they can reach with facebook.

Lia

Great post. I have found answers to a lot of my questions doing just what you suggested.

Richard Schmitt

*Thought I'd update this because some folks ignore it…http://dangerouslyhardcore.com/forum/index.php?topic=3521.0

Viewing 15 posts - 16 through 30 (of 30 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.

CNS and CBL Members Please Read

Please login / register in order to chat with others.

Forgot your details?