Coffee & Eggs

Viewing 6 posts - 1 through 6 (of 6 total)
  • Author

Teabo
    Participant

Hello all,

I had a question regarding the consumption of coffee whilst having a meal containing eggs with a good fat source such as butter or bacon.

As we all know, when carbohydrates are consumed with caffeine, the amount of insulin released increases due to caffeine desensitizing cells, causing the body to release greater amounts of insulin – a positive feedback loop as Kiefer says – extended elevation in blood sugar causes the body to release higher amounts of insulin in attempts to clear sugar faster.

My question is do you reckon the quantity of sugar in 2-3 eggs (somewhere between 2-3 grams) would cause a prolonged, elevated insulin spike if you have a cup of coffee or two during your meal due to this positive feedback loop?

I would’ve thought that with say 1 egg the amount would be insignificant, but 2 or 3 might cause an undesired, prolonged elevated spike in insulin?

Thanks for any responses.

Richard Schmitt

No you’ll be fine if it is with a fat source, I believe it was in reference to having 5+ eggs in one sitting like that even with a fat source causing a response.

Melvin McLain
    Participant

I’ve actually made more progress since I recently stopped eating 3 eggs with breakfast.

I’m still having 1/4 lb bacon and coffee with HWC, but replaced the eggs with 1/2 cup canned spinach (which also saves several calories).

And yes, calories DO matter regarding fat loss, even with the hormone manipulation that CNS/CBL timing provides. If there’s no calorie deficit, your body has little reason to access its fat reserves.

I still eat eggs, but now treat them more like a carb source and have 2-3 in the evening (usually as my last meal before bed). YMMV.

Penny Danner
    Participant

MAC!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! you’re back!!!!

John A Bending
    Participant

Anyone know where I can find the information Kiefer put out about eating eggs? I must have missed the articles as I typically eat 6 egg whites and bacon in the morning…might be dooming myself without even knowing it!

Richard Schmitt

Might want to run by the body.io page and scan over the website to find that answer. You might find other information useful as well. (Definitely not being difficult or anything)

Viewing 6 posts - 1 through 6 (of 6 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.

Coffee & Eggs

Please login / register in order to chat with others.

Forgot your details?