Coffee – Good or bad for women? Effects on stress, cortisol,, etc

This topic contains 0 replies, has 1 voice, and was last updated by  kate 4 months, 1 week ago.

Viewing 1 post (of 1 total)
  • Author

kate

I hope you will address this in an upcoming Q&A. I’m totally confused on the coffee topic. I have heard it recommended by Kiefer as a fat burning tool, and have heard it talked about on HER BODY before.

But…I recently came across this article on body.io:

“Killing Your Buzz: How Coffee is Making Women Fat”
    http://body.io/killing-buzz-coffee-making-women-fat/

So, what’s the deal? Do we or don’t we imbibe? Specifically, if we aren’t sure if we metabolize it slowly or quickly- do you recommend we err on the side of caution and abstain?

What if we aren’t sure we have our stress hormones under control? (Last year I was at a functional medicine doctor and he did heart rate variability testing and told me my body was in a constant state of stress- and said that was one reason I had so much trouble losing fat.)

Is it best to avoid even a single cup with heavy cream in the mornings, and will that one cup mess with our cortisol levels and increase our stress? If I replace regular coffee with decaf, would that give any benefit over no coffee at all?

I made great progress for the first three weeks on carb nite, but the next three weeks I didn’t see much of anything happen. Could the recent addition of coffee have anything to do with this? Admittedly, my carb nites are probably overly extravagant and I am cutting them back the next few weeks to see if things change.

Still…I worry about coffee messing with me and need to know if any potential benefit could outweigh potential side effects.

Viewing 1 post (of 1 total)
Reply To: Coffee – Good or bad for women? Effects on stress, cortisol,, etc

You can use BBCodes to format your content.
Your account can't use Advanced BBCodes, they will be stripped before saving.

Your information:

Coffee – Good or bad for women? Effects on stress, cortisol,, etc

Please login / register in order to chat with others.

or    

Forgot your details?