counting macros and calories for six pack abs on carb nite

Viewing 5 posts - 1 through 5 (of 5 total)
  • Author

ap twenty three
    Participant

hi everyone! im a 20 year old female, 140 pounds at 24% bodyfat and i was wondering if it was necessary to count macros and calories if your trying to get six pack abs on carb nite? personally i would rather just track net carbs but if i need to track my macros and calories i will.

Makoto Tomizawa
    Participant

The leaner you get, the more important macro counting becomes, and since your goal is to look better than the average, I would track it. It makes progress easier and, well, “trackable” so adjustments can be made.
    Even people who are just trying to lose fat tend to just count net carbs, way overshoot their caloric allotment on ULC days, and wonder why they’re not losing anything. Not everybody, but it seems like a common problem.

Training Log: https://docs.google.com/spreadsheets/d/1vuwHRdBaPVILxxLhXly_N1Ys66Hcwk4j-bM7nvKSLrI/edit?usp=sharing

ap twenty three
    Participant

thanks for tge reply! and okay than i probablly will track. also should i track my carb nite as well?

Makoto Tomizawa
    Participant

That depends on how strict you want to be. Unless you’re planning on using CNS for a competition, it’s probably fine to just eat the things you want without being too anal about it (given that you don’t gorge yourself silly with ridiculous amount of food). I personally think it’s more important to ensure you’re in a deficit during the ULC portion of the week. In most cases, your weekly caloric intake will most likely still be under maintenance.

It’s a once-a-week indulgence, you might as well enjoy it guilt free 😉

Training Log: https://docs.google.com/spreadsheets/d/1vuwHRdBaPVILxxLhXly_N1Ys66Hcwk4j-bM7nvKSLrI/edit?usp=sharing

ap twenty three
    Participant

oh okay cool! im not planning on competeing, i just want abs so yea i wont worry about it.

thanks again!

Viewing 5 posts - 1 through 5 (of 5 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.

counting macros and calories for six pack abs on carb nite

Please login / register in order to chat with others.

Forgot your details?