Cycling cns?

Viewing 6 posts - 1 through 6 (of 6 total)
  • Author

Stephen Gonzalez
    Participant

I just finished reading cns. I see that Keifer suggests cycling off the diet. Is this still recommended? If it is what kind of diet would I follow when I cycle off? Obviously I would think I would eat carbs everyday and every meal? P/C/F 40/40/30 diet?

Richard Schmitt

No you won’t go back into eating a normal diet with carbs at ever meal, however you can run CNS as long as you like all depending on your goals. It won’t hurt to run it for a year as long as you’re doing that properly. Meaning eating the right ULC foods, and eating enough. Along with having the proper amount and types of carbs for the actual CN.

Tony Sangimino

He originally made that suggestion based off of ketogenic diets. He’s retracted it since, as many people don’t actually go ketogenic on CNS, nor would you really want to. You’re much better off cycling CNS and CBL. CNS with low volume, albeit heavy training. CBL when you want to add in more volume and frequency to get bigger, stronger, and improve conditioning.

Stephen Gonzalez
    Participant

I actually started with CBL but I got hurt literally the first day I started the diet. So I decided while my shoulder healed I would try CNS (without actually reading CNS) and HIIT cardio 3 days a week. however I didnt lose any weight and might gained a pound or two. I just recently read CNS and discovered I wasn’t eating enough carbs at all on carb nite and running should of only followed my carb nite. I was going to start eating carbs again at every meal for a month then truly start CNS. Now it seems I won’t have to do that. So on carb nite I can start eating carbs at around 4p then stop at like 10pm?

Richard Schmitt

I actually started with CBL but I got hurt literally the first day I started the diet. So I decided while my shoulder healed I would try CNS (without actually reading CNS) and HIIT cardio 3 days a week. however I didnt lose any weight and might gained a pound or two. I just recently read CNS and discovered I wasn’t eating enough carbs at all on carb nite and running should of only followed my carb nite. I was going to start eating carbs again at every meal for a month then truly start CNS. Now it seems I won’t have to do that. So on carb nite I can start eating carbs at around 4p then stop at like 10pm?

Yeah typically you have a CN for about 4-6 hours if you wanted. Focusing in on high glycemic carbs with protein for a majority of that time. Yes some more enjoyable stuff that we all like can be consumed just be conscious of the amount. For me I like to start somewhere around 6/6:30 and keep it no longer than 10:30/11 just because I typically pass out by then.

uncaandoo
    Participant

He originally made that suggestion based off of ketogenic diets. He’s retracted it since, as many people don’t actually go ketogenic on CNS, nor would you really want to.

Can you expound on this? How do I determine whether I’m going ketogenic? And if I am, do I want to stop it?

Viewing 6 posts - 1 through 6 (of 6 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.

Cycling cns?

Please login / register in order to chat with others.

Forgot your details?