Diet Soda (stevia and sucralose)

Viewing 4 posts - 1 through 4 (of 4 total)
  • Author

reljag
    Participant

Hello,
    will diet soda sweetened with stevia and sucralose stall my progress or maybe kick me out of ketosis if I am in that kind of state? The soda’s name is Cockta Easy and it’s sold here in Serbia where I live. You can google it if you want.

Thank you.

Steve Cauffiel
    Participant

I have to be careful with Coke Zero (my favorite), Diet Coke and Diet Pepsi just because I feel like it’s slowing my progress. However, I’m typically having it when I go out for wings or something, so it could be something in the wings that’s slowing things down – be it high sodium retaining water or whatever. I rarely indulge and tend to keep it to one or two glasses once or twice a month. I think a lot of that comes down to a “per person” thing; what may stall me may not stall you or someone else and requires testing it on that basis.

IIRC I read something that says even a sweet taste can cause an insulin spike sooooo… it’s hard to say. Or rather, as Keifer would put it, “it depends.” lol

Richard Schmitt

reljag
    Participant

The thing is that I don’t have much time to experiment. I am 7 days out, and I’ve decided to put that a side for now, and not drink it. After I wrote the first post I’ve started to research the topic. A lot of people are saying that it had no influence on their progress and ketosis, but some of them (minority) are saying that it stalled their progress. Like I’ve said, I am not ready to risk it right now. I’ll experiment after my two shows. Thanks for the reply anyhow.

Viewing 4 posts - 1 through 4 (of 4 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.

Diet Soda (stevia and sucralose)

Please login / register in order to chat with others.

Forgot your details?