Discuss….Kiefer’s latest Tweet

• This topic has 4 voices and 8 replies.
Viewing 9 posts - 1 through 9 (of 9 total)
  • Author

Penny Danner
    Participant

DH Kiefer ‏@DHKiefer  (2/17/2015)30 grams of a fast-acting protein first thing in the morning destroys the body’s fat burning ability as much as 30 grams of carbs. #BodyIO

Richard Schmitt

That's within a certain reason, context. Probably a suggestion made from someone not training, and just taking protein.

Brandon D Christ
    Participant

I don't understand, this is nothing new.  We always avoided fast acting protein in the morning.

I don't understand, this is nothing new.  We always avoided fast acting protein in the morning.

This blew up on someones log because she had whey and some people were saying that she should avoid it at any time except pwo and other people said it's not going to be a huge deal if she has whey and some fat for a meal at any time.Again, is it ideal? No. Eating whole foods will be better.Will having whey with heavy cream in the morning ruin progress? No.

Scope75

This blew up on someones log because she had whey and some people were saying that she should avoid it at any time except pwo and other people said it's not going to be a huge deal if she has whey and some fat for a meal at any time.Again, is it ideal? No. Eating whole foods will be better.Will having whey with heavy cream in the morning ruin progress? No.

This......

Brandon D Christ
    Participant

I totally agree.  Plus I'm pretty sure Kiefer was referring to hydrolysates when he said "fast acting protein".

Penny Danner
    Participant

I agree…..just wanted to check with y'all since, yes, I was the one who told someone else not to have a shake for breakfast. 🙂

Rob Haas

I have to wonder why even take the chance? I mean are you really that hungry or worried about losing lean body mass?What's it take 30 grams of carbs or 3 grams for Lucien to raise insulin?IMO just avoid it and problem solved.

Penny Danner
    Participant

I have to wonder why even take the chance? I mean are you really that hungry or worried about losing lean body mass?What's it take 30 grams of carbs or 3 grams for Lucien to raise insulin?IMO just avoid it and problem solved.

And then some people say "well, it's convenient".  Yeah, it is, but bacon in the oven or an egg or two fried on high as I'm getting dressed every day is just as convenient....and then I eat in the car or when i get to work or while i put my makeup on. 🙂

Viewing 9 posts - 1 through 9 (of 9 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.

Discuss….Kiefer’s latest Tweet

Please login / register in order to chat with others.

Forgot your details?