Fasted Training around Noon

Viewing 4 posts - 1 through 4 (of 4 total)
  • Author

Arman Partamian
    Participant

Question: Is fasted training around noon equivalent to fasted morning training for CBL (rather than “middle training”)? I usually eat my last meal around 9pm and don’t eat again until 12-1pm next day. If its a training day, I lift fasted (except for morning coffee/BCAAs/Creatine), then eat lunch.

Thanks,
    AJP

Makoto Tomizawa
    Participant

I treat it the same way. My schedule (for the most part) is pretty similar to yours.
    But then again, it really doesn’t make much of a difference anymore because after the first book was released, there has been a number of recommendations that deviated from what was originally written in the book. So just lift, wait 1 hour, PWO shake without carbs, wait another hour, then eat ULC until backload in the evening.

Training Log: https://docs.google.com/spreadsheets/d/1vuwHRdBaPVILxxLhXly_N1Ys66Hcwk4j-bM7nvKSLrI/edit?usp=sharing

Arman Partamian
    Participant

Interesting. Well, if proper weight training causes non-insulin dependent translocation of the Glut4s, then wouldn’t you want some carbs post-workout? The difference is that you’re not maximizing the insulin resistance of the fat cells that occurs in the evening – so theoretically, you could add to fat stores – although I think you would really have to pound the carbs to excess for that to happen in a 2hour post workout time frame. Doing CBL at night without a late afternoon/evening workout seems like a bad idea?

Thoughts?
    thanks for the reply

Makoto Tomizawa
    Participant

You could if you want. Best thing to do is experiment for yourself and find out. That being said, the ingested carbs are for the next workout session. I believe that glucose uptake in the muscle is elevated after resistance training for longer than the few hours post workout. PWO nutrition stops the catabolism that occurs from resistance training, and creating an anabolic environment where the ingested amino acids can be used for protein synthesis. I think there’s been studies that show there was not difference in mass gain between protein only PWO and protein + carbs PWO. Sure, the carbs after working out may contribute to glycogen compensation to some extent. But like I said, the carbs eaten later in the day will be for the next session, and I think that’s why the general consensus now is to eat carbs at night on the days you train, regardless of the time you train in the day.

I’d like to say that I certainly am no expert in the field, so I’m just giving laying out what I’ve heard, so I could be wrong. Hopefully someone else with more knowledge can also chime in. This whole nutrition stuff is super intriguing, but confuses me often hahaha.

Training Log: https://docs.google.com/spreadsheets/d/1vuwHRdBaPVILxxLhXly_N1Ys66Hcwk4j-bM7nvKSLrI/edit?usp=sharing

Viewing 4 posts - 1 through 4 (of 4 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.

Fasted Training around Noon

Please login / register in order to chat with others.

Forgot your details?