fat intake????? new memeber please help

Viewing 4 posts - 1 through 4 (of 4 total)
  • Author

Mike Tomlinson
    Participant

hi guys im
    male 24 years old power lifter/body-builder
    im starting cns but i dont understand how much protein and fats a should be shooting for its not very specific
    my stats
    are 245lbs 5.11″ 24 years old i want to drop as much bf and maintain as much muscle as poss im probaly about 20% bf

i was thinking around 220g protein a day and 200g of fat is that too little or too much please help me

Robert Kirsch
    Participant

Get used to the answer “it depends.” First you will have to decide whether cns or cbl works better for you. That is dictated by your current body fat percentage and how often and hard you are working out. If your main focus is cutting body fat at this point you’ll pick cns. I’ve cut a lot of body fat and not lost any muscle in the process. I don’t over think macronutrients and calories too much but if I take in too much protein I can really feel it in a negative way. If you are happy with your body fat and trying to pack on muscle you’ll be doing cbl. There is a table in the book that can help you assess baseline fat and protein needs for the low-carb portion of the day. “The tables contain estimates based on averaged scientific data—i.e. this is a rough guide. You will need to experiment.” At 245 it reads: Protein Low 104.6 Protein High 186.8 Fat 45.3 Calories 990 Protein to be added after workout Low 66.9 High 119.4.

Mike Tomlinson
    Participant

thanks for the info im definelty wanting to do cns as i want to get to around 10% bf or less could you tell me what page the table to access fat baseline please ?

Robert Kirsch
    Participant

The table that starts on p230 in cbl will get you to a specific target weight. Achieving 10% bf will take some self experimentation to see what specifically works for you. From the tone of your questions I think reading cbl would help. Kiefer writes in depth about the performance aspects of diet and metabolism in cbl. I would add that after reading both books I stick to cns but I’ll switch to cbl when I’m trying to increase muscle size when hitting the weight room harder and more often. The good news is that this all happens in slow motion and my body lets me know what I need to do.

Viewing 4 posts - 1 through 4 (of 4 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.

fat intake????? new memeber please help

Please login / register in order to chat with others.

Forgot your details?