Final Verdict on Counting Carbs from Green Veggies

Viewing 7 posts - 1 through 7 (of 7 total)
  • Author

Anton Dawson
    Participant

I’ve seen here and on the Body.IO FB page to not worry about the carb count from green veggies like lettuce, spinach and asparagus. Is that accurate?

Of course in the CNS book they account for it but I realize that was printed years ago and the program is occasionally tweaked.

Makoto Tomizawa
    Participant

I’d count it, but that’s just me because I’m kind of anal about it. Unless you’re eating a massive amount, then you’re probably fine.

Training Log: https://docs.google.com/spreadsheets/d/1vuwHRdBaPVILxxLhXly_N1Ys66Hcwk4j-bM7nvKSLrI/edit?usp=sharing

Anton Dawson
    Participant

Thx,

The veggies themselves aren’t a massive amount but as I learn more I realize there are carbs in certain things I never thought of. For example the 4gms in my Iced Americano.

Hopefully 2-3 grams over 30 isn’t sabotage when it’s items along the general plan.

Spatz

I most definitely count it, as that’s where my carbs come from. I’m not eating anything else that would increase my daily carb allotment, so …. any and all carbs get counted.

There is no such thing as a “free” food in my book, that tends to promote gorging on these things and then you really would need to be tracking since you’re probably going over your 30g net from these, “free for all” foods.

So when in doubt, I count every little carb, as they definitely do add up.

Brandon D Christ
    Participant

I’d count them.

Anton Dawson
    Participant

Thx @Spatz and @ibobland08

Robert Haas
    Participant

Depends. If you know what a polysaccharide is then don’t count it. The Body.io statement is correct because those are polysaccharides and the carb content due to its molecular structure doesn’t convert to glucose. It converts to short chain fatty acids which along with the indigestible fiber content aid in satiety & fat loss. Eat up is my .02

The eyes can't see what the mind doesn't understand.

Viewing 7 posts - 1 through 7 (of 7 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.

Final Verdict on Counting Carbs from Green Veggies

Please login / register in order to chat with others.

Forgot your details?