Fixing my stall

Viewing 5 posts - 1 through 5 (of 5 total)
  • Author

pfiedler42
    Participant

Hey everyone, I have been using CBL for a while now and at first I was losing a pound a day of fat and feeling on top of the world. I had an accident in which I suffered a traumatic brain injury due to motocross, gotta love the sport. Since I have been back on the diet I am stuck at 188.5. I have the ability to go up in weight fast but not down. The only thing I am doing differently is eating some almond butter before my workout just to feel fuller and cinnamon on my baked sweet potato. I also IF as well, as suggestions????

Travis Caruana

If you’ve stalled it has to be a matter of calories. CBL still operates within the domain that if you consume more calories than you expend, then you gain weight. If your fat loss has stalled, try removing 300cal from your daily diet and re-test in a week. You also have to remember that as you lose weight, you need to continually readjust your caloric needs. Also, “some” almond butter could easily be 300 calories 🙂

pfiedler42
    Participant

The confusing part is that on average I am in about 700 to 1000 caloric deficit. When training I do about 30 minutes of Olympic lifting then crossfit for an hour to follow and my caloric intake is about 2200. Im just kind of lost as to why I am at such a stall.

Robert Haas
    Participant

Try reverse dieting for awhile. You could be eating too few calories. Both too few and too many will stall progress. calories in/calories out is bogus logic.

The eyes can't see what the mind doesn't understand.

Travis Caruana

While a re-feed to stoke your metabolism may be beneficial, if you are constantly in a 700-1000 calorie deficit – you would be long weight. And at that much deficit it would be quite dramatic. Calories in/Calories out is not bogus logic, its just logic. The overwhelming majority of diet and exercise professionals (including Kiefer) plus numerous studies on the subject show this. Maybe you are not accurately reporting your calorie consumption vs your TDEE.

Viewing 5 posts - 1 through 5 (of 5 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.

Fixing my stall

Please login / register in order to chat with others.

Forgot your details?