Grappling and Backloading

• This topic has 3 voices and 5 replies.
Viewing 6 posts - 1 through 6 (of 6 total)
  • Author

Josephrattigan
    Keymaster

I want to do Grappling/ Brazilian Jiu Jitsu, I'd still do Strength traing on the same day but I wondering how it effects the protocol and what the best approach for this? There must be other people doing something similar regardless of the other sport they do and I'd love to know the correct approach.

Zach516

I'd don't grapple, but I do wushu and I've running a CBL experiment as I wanted a week off, and what I found is that it seems to work fine. What I do is:Strength train around 3-3:30Eat most of my carbs immediatly after: so around 4:30-5, Depending on which dining hall i go to.Eat, eat, eat, until about 6-6:30and thats it. I train from 8-10PM and hate working out on a full stomach. Works for me and I lost and .5in off my waist over the last 2.5 weeks.

Josephrattigan

Sounds good enough, good work. I think mine might be other way round with Grappling starting earlier though. Thanks for the help

Zach516

You have to resistance train before you load up on a ton of carbs. Grappling won't activate GLUT4, so there is that to take into consideration.

Josephrattigan

I was planning to the grappling and keep low carbing until after the strength session. I more concerned with the grappling using up the glycogen stores and screwing the training, knocking everything of sync? It raises some odd questions.

AciD

Kiefer said that he was currently developing version for fighters and grapplers.When it will be done? And when so, would it be a free upgrade for CBL?

Viewing 6 posts - 1 through 6 (of 6 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.

Grappling and Backloading

Please login / register in order to chat with others.

Forgot your details?