Hello. New to CBL

Viewing 3 posts - 1 through 3 (of 3 total)
  • Author

olivia brown
    Participant

Howdy all. I’m completely new to CBL (I’m a Ph.D. math student so I figured Kiefer, a physics graduate, knew what he was talking about.), well I’ve been doing it for about 5 weeks now, and wanted to make sure my nutrition and workout plan is on the right track. I’m 6’1″ 220 lbs and my BF is about 14%. I lift 3 days strength, 1 off, 3 days hypertrophy, 1 off. I’ve seen great strength and size gains so far but my weight has been more or less constant the entire time. I do the MCT, Isolate, and coffee thing in the mornings, fast until noon and eat 8oz of breakfast sausage and maybe a tomato. For my backloads I only count to make sure I get in enough protein for the day and eat anywhere between 100-200 carbs depending on how hungry I am. I train at 5 pm. Is there anything I could keep better track of to facilitate better fat loss? Is my training program ok? Also I’m thinking about adding HIIT and wanted to do it fasted in the morning, mostly for time convenience. Is this a good idea?

Brandon D Christ
    Participant

You need to eat more during the ULC portion of the day. You should be getting at 90 g according to the back of the book. I don’t even think you are getting half of that.

What do your backloads look like and what do your ULC days look like?

Another thing is I would suggest changing your training to three or four days per week. Fat loss with CBL seems to work better with highly fatiguing, less frequent workouts. Higher frequency splits like yours do not work as well.

HIIT may or may not be a good idea. It really depends on your strength training volume and needs. If your volume is relatively low or you need some kind of conditioning work for a sport, then add HIIT. However, if you train with medium to high volume, I think HIIT is not needed and you would be better served by making dietary adjustments.

olivia brown
    Participant

Thanks for the feedback. The breakfast sausage has 68 grams of fat and I do two of the coffees with mcts so that’s another 30. Glad to hear about the hiit as I’m not at all a cardio fan. For backloads I do 4-6 servings of fruity pebbles, 3-5 donuts, or eat out a a place and get around the same amount of carbs as the other two options. If I’m hungry I’ll eat another carb meal after that. That usually only happens twice a week or so. My ulc days aren’t really structured I eat the same first meal as a cbl day and then eat 2-3 more meals after that. I usually eat around 2200 calories and make sure to get in 200 grams of protein and less than 30 net carbs. I’ll switch to a 4 time per week split.

Viewing 3 posts - 1 through 3 (of 3 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.

Hello. New to CBL

Please login / register in order to chat with others.

Forgot your details?