Help newbie in desperation…

Viewing 2 posts - 1 through 2 (of 2 total)
  • Author

johnny b

Hello Everyone,
    As I am not loosing as much FAT as I want (Only lost 2 kilos last month), I am now changing my diet again to see any results.
    I am 83 Kilos at 26% Body Fat and wish to get to less than 15% Body fat by the end of October this year.

I checked what my BMR is and most sites show around 1700 calories and my TDEE is 2341 calories. These are all estimates I know.

On the site IIFYM it suggests I eat 131 grams of Protein, Fat 126 grams and Carbs 22 grams.
    How can I do that as I checked eating 300 grams of chicken thighs skinless is 630 calories, Lamb is more beef a little less. And to get 130 protein I need to eat more than 400 grams of meat and that is too much.

So now I checked all the calories in the food I will be eating and below is the list:-
    I will be doing this for 12 days and then have the carb nite on the 12th day in the evening and then just do regular carb nites every 7 days.

Breakfast:-
    3 Eggs 220 calories, 15 grams Fat, 18 grams Protein

Coconut oil 30 grams = 290 calories, 30 grams fat

Lunch:-
    125 grams chicken thighs (skinless) = 260 calories, 30 grams protein, 10 grams fat

25 grams butter = 180 calories, 20 grams Fat

Dinner:-
    125 grams chicken thighs (skinless) = 260 calories, 30 grams protein, 10 grams fat

25 grams butter = 180 calories, 20 grams Fat

This all adds upto around 1400 calories, 78 grams of Protein, 105 grams of Fat a day.

If anyone has any suggestion any help is appreciated. I will be intermittent fasting as well to help.
    Thank you all
    Johnny B

I’m guessing from your body comp and macros that we’re about the same size (179cm). Your macro targets are near enough to my own for ULC phases.

The only major thing that I’m doing differently is to follow Kiefer’s recommendation to delay eating protein in quantity until later in the day. I stick to fatty coffee in the AM, and don’t eat my first real food until 12:30 or 1pm at the earliest. This is, according to Kiefer, effectively the same as following an 16/8 protocol, but the fat from the fatty coffee is starting to kick in by the time the protein from lunch comes around.

At first, skipping eating in the morning can be a chore. Once you’re fat adapted/ketotic, it becomes almost effortless to go indefinitely without eating, in my experience.

I’m not sure what you mean by “intermittent fasting”. The term is used by the 5:2 and ADF crowd to indicate 2-3 days per week of 24-36 hour periods with little to no feeding. People sometimes use the same term to describe various time restricted feeding (TRF) protocols such as 16/8 or 18/6. Kiefer has said a number of times that carb backloading and carb nite protocols with fatty coffee, or just fat in the AM is effectively the same as TRF. If you were going to do 5:2 or ADF, you’d want to substantially up your macros on your non-fast days to avoid chronic underfeeding.

As for 400g being too much meat… Get used to it. ULC eating is not for the faint of heart. If you don’t monitor your macros, it’s very easy to chronically under eat. Combined with any form of TRF, you will end up eating some crazy cave-man dinners. Time to embrace your inner Fred Flintstone.

Good luck!

Viewing 2 posts - 1 through 2 (of 2 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.

Help newbie in desperation…

Please login / register in order to chat with others.

Forgot your details?