Hi all… Question about Nicotine Gum

Viewing 6 posts - 1 through 6 (of 6 total)
  • Author

MR David G Hodgson
    Participant

Hello from the UK…

Wonder if anyone can answer me a question.

I am backloading at the moment (S.H.I.T) šŸ˜‰ and my wife is on the CNS.. Getting great results but we decided to add in the Nicotine for that extra boost in the morning after reading “Nicotine Declassified”. No issues with this as such but just had a tiny concern regarding the gum… the sweeteners in the gum are Xylitol and Acesulfame potassium (Acesulfame K), I noted Keifer states these sweeteners (mainly Acesulfame K) can cause insulin levels to spike. We don’t want to do anything to hinder the morning fat burn so just wanted to ask the question to see if this would have an effect.

I am guessing it will be dose dependent and I cannot envisage there being huge amounts of it in a piece of gum.. say versus a large can of energy drink. Never the less, this is ticking in my brain and I hate not knowing something.

Thanks in advance for any help/advice on this

All the best
    David & Laura

Brandon D Christ
    Participant

It doesn’t matter. That being said, I don’t think nicotine works well with CBL unless you have issues with hunger, which nicotine blunts quite well. Other than that, I never noticed anything different from nicotine on CBL.

Nicotine does work well with CNS though.

MR David G Hodgson
    Participant

Thought it should not make any difference… thanks for the input

Jahaziel Rodriguez
    Participant

In that same note there is a reference to http://www.ncbi.nlm.nih.gov/pubmed/2887503. The statement ā€glucose inducedā€ in that research seems to imply that acesulfame potassium will spike insulin if consumed with glucose (carbs).

In this podcast http://body.io/body-io-fm-35-artificial-sweeteners-really-bad/, Kiefer makes the statement that all artificial sweeteners cause an insulin spike if consumed with Glucose.

Although all seems to indicate that you should be fine consuming your nicotine gum in the morning, I sent a private message to Kiefer asking if acesulfame potassium can be consumed in a fasted state without introducing carbs afterwards.

Tony Sangimino

I almost exclusively use CBL and notice a big difference when I’m using nicotine and when I’m not. Most drugs in general operate on a bell curve, where a small population will see a huge benefit, a small population will see no benefit, and the majority will be in the middle. Creatine as well.

Ace-K in most cases will not raise insulin in a fasted state and is fine to use with nicotine gum. In fact, most nicotine gums have some kind of artificial sweetener in them anyway. Some metabolically deranged/obese people can have insulin rise at the smell of food. It all depends on the population.

Robert Haas
    Participant

Kiefer makes the statement that all artificial sweeteners cause an insulin spike if consumed with Glucose.

How would you know what is causing the spike since glucose does it all by itself?

I use Nicotine with CBL and it does work very well with me IF I follow a few simple guidelines: First use it intermittently, a few days on, a few days off. Mornings and pre-training only. And finally, before breakfast (if I choose to eat breakfast) for an hour except for pre-training which I will follow up with some caffeine with maybe 10g of whey if I’m really hungry. I’m not recommending this for everyone but it works for me and fits nicely in with my training goals.

The eyes can't see what the mind doesn't understand.

Viewing 6 posts - 1 through 6 (of 6 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.

Hi all… Question about Nicotine Gum

Please login / register in order to chat with others.

Forgot your details?