Holiday Assessment – how "on track" were you?

• This topic has 12 voices and 17 replies.
Viewing 15 posts - 1 through 15 (of 18 total)
  • Author

Lesli Bortz
    Participant

This is merely for my curiosity. I've thought this poll would be interesting more than once so I figured, what the hell, just do it. Basically I wonder how strict people were now that the holidays are over. Just be honest! I'm really wondering – good, bad and everything in between 🙂

Lesli Bortz
    Participant

So I'll start – I deviated one time, adding an extra CN. ALMOST deviated two other times but managed to decide against it  🙂 glad things are almost back to normal and my routine can resume!

My CN was on Sat., Dec. 22nd.  I was full ULC through Christmas.  My following CN was Sat., Dec. 29th, and I was full ULC through New Years.I am like a fucking machine:  I make no compromises, and therefore, I am left fixing nothing;  I stick to schedule.  Everything, for me, is on track.  I expect 100%, therefore I know I must give 100%.Just my $0.02.Cory

Lesli Bortz
    Participant

Lol – your poll came through before your post. I already knew who had the 100%Nice job  ;D

Lol - your poll came through before your post. I already knew who had the 100%Nice job  ;D

LOL!  Yeah, I pressed the poll before making the reply.I think it is expected of me, here on DH, to be the 100% guy.Cory

Mikehr

Stayed on track in terms of food choices and the structure of the diet but had to rearange my CN to fall on Christmass, but i do think i am onenof the only people who found a way to lose 6 pounds over christmas week. Just shows my body needs to be fed mans food, beef and eggs that lean turkey shit cause me to lose weight  8) cant put regular gas in a premium engine 😉

Fairy

I did 2 CNs back to back on Christmas and I'm now doing some kind of CNS/CBL mush up. This has more to do with me climbing twice a week :/ I hate doing it ULC.Probably not great for fatloss.

Mikehr

You'd be surprised fairy some people can lose a ton of weight just keeping carbs around their training only, meadows does this for contest prep!

Jason Berrigan
    Participant

Guilty! Did not stick to the plan. Will redo a 10 prep phase and also hit the gym starting next week using SW. Will complete poll when I get on my PCSent from my Galaxy Nexus

Robert Gray
    Participant

I almost took Christmas through NYE to eat whatever I wanted, but I struck a compromise with myself by going detox diet for eight days before Christmas, taking a full “carb day” for Christmas, and having my next 6-hour carb night last night for New Year's Day.  Regularly scheduled dairy free/gluten free CNS programming from now on.

Brandon D Christ
    Participant

I had to move workouts around to ways I don't like due to gym closures.  I also backloaded with some foods I normally don't backload with and I had some alcohol.

guitarjon
    Participant

I did alright actually.  I had 4 days ULC leading up to Christmas, which was a full day of carbs and then I backloaded on Boxing Day.  After that I went ULC until NYE and had a CN.  I ate some stuff over Christmas that I don't normally eat (more veggies, chocolate, gravy and maybe 1/2 a beer).

Richard Schmitt

I did a 10 Day Unnecessary Prep Phase during Christmas. Did workout during it and ate a gluten free Christmas dinner and dessert. Next day lifted and KB work as well.

tlfoxy

I am the lone one at below 50%…  No regrets. 

vandelay87

Somehow I was able to do this…100%! First time ever I believe.  I think having planned Carb Nites on Christmas and New Year's Day really helped me mentally.  Normally the pattern for me is fight it, give in just a little, then say “ah f&ck it” and go way off the rails…usually for the whole season.  This year was different.  Actually lost about 3 lbs.  Also, we were visiting family and so after my CN Christmas Day, every time I felt like a Cmas goodie, I simply grabbed one and added to my little stash of treats that I saved for being back home on New Year's Day.  Felt kind of weird, but actually kept me on track knowing that I could enjoy the stuff….later.  So Yeah, that's me…the “Carb Nite Christmas Squirrel”…stashing treats away.  Also, getting out of the in-laws house every morning for an early gym workout or HIIT hill-running session was a nice little escape. 

Viewing 15 posts - 1 through 15 (of 18 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.

Holiday Assessment – how "on track" were you?

Please login / register in order to chat with others.

Forgot your details?