How do RMR & RER fit with CNS?

Viewing 3 posts - 1 through 3 (of 3 total)
  • Author

Badier Velji
    Participant

Hi gang,

I’ve been doing CNS for around 2 months with minimal positive results. I feel like I was seeing better results with nutritional ketosis, but I am also a super impatient person, so I’m trying to stick it out.

Before you ask, no, I don’t count my macros because it creates a really unhealthy mental relationship for me with food. But, I do keep my carbs low, likely between 20 and 40g/day. I do my best not to eat like an asshole on my carb nite.

Medical conditions include subclinical hypothyrodism, severe brain fog, IBS-D, overactive immune system (not autoimmune, just lots of mild allergic reactions and intolerances).

Ok, when I started this journey, I had some metabolic testing done. The DEXA scan showed that I am at 35% bodyfat at 218lbs, 5’6″, with an estimate of 130lbs of lean body mass. It also estimates my RMR at 1629. However, I then did an actual RMR breath test, and that returned an RMR of 2362. I find this to be far more reasonable, as I do have a decent amount of muscle mass, and looking at pictures, I’d estimate I’m closer to 28-30% BF.

Using a Fitbit Charge HR, my daily caloric burn seems to average around 2700, which is a lot for me. With CNS, what’s a smart deficit to achieve?

Additionally, my RER was .91, indicating that I’m a 30% fat burner, 70% carb burner at rest. Granted, this testing was 5 days in to the orientation period, and I imagine that’s shifted slightly, but how does that ratio fit in with energy use on an ULC diet?

I know that’s a lot to comment on, but I could really use some insights and encouragement.
    Thanks!

Robert Haas
    Participant

Do you know what food you have reactions too? Finding all of them and cutting them out is huge step in getting rid of all inflammation to get those gut issues under control. After that my guess would be cutting 500 calories would be what I would do and see how that works.

The eyes can't see what the mind doesn't understand.

Badier Velji
    Participant

I know most of them, though interestingly, I was out to dinner on Saturday and whatever I had spiked my heart rate and I definitely did not feel good. I’m waiting to hear back from the restaurant with ingredients.

Are you suggesting that I eat 500 calories below my burn rate, even though that would put me below my RMR?

Viewing 3 posts - 1 through 3 (of 3 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.

How do RMR & RER fit with CNS?

Please login / register in order to chat with others.

Forgot your details?