I did 2 carbnites :( what do i do now

Viewing 12 posts - 1 through 12 (of 12 total)
  • Author

Should i wait 10 days or can i do my normal 5?

Tony Sangimino

you can do the 5, it’s just a minor setback.

Ok Thanks for replying:)

Can u explain to me what hit training is, and is that The best way to train while on cns?

Robert Haas
    Participant

HIT training is a form of resistance training – High Intensity Training
    HIIT is a very effective form of cardio – High Intensity Interval Training

Resistance training is the best way to train on any diet protocol. How much and what form is highly individualized based on what goals you have set out for yourself.

The eyes can't see what the mind doesn't understand.

Tony Sangimino

Careful with HIT training, as it’s an advanced technique that doesn’t work that well with CBL and CNS.

Keep your cardio to HIIT, as explained by Rob.

The resistance training plan we suggest is Shockwave.

If you haven’t already, download it – it’s free

http://shockwaveprotocol.com/

Thanks alot for your help:)

Tom Singleton
    Participant

I am curious why they say HIT doesn’t work well with CBL, I know Kiefer says in the book its purely eccentric training, but this is false. The Yates form and early Menzter form uses concentric like any other protocol just emphasises a slower negative range to help load the muscle. I have always used HIT and very successfully. Plus the shockwave template is almost the exact same workout split and exercises as Yates’ blood and guts HIT training, just with a couple different techniques for intensity like the PSR. But the way you perform a rep (ELECT) is almost exactly what Yates advises! ✌🏻️💪🏻

Tony Sangimino

It just works less well. There is a version of shockwave called the Heavy Duty program that uses a lot of eccentrics. The major issue is that eccentrics dampen the GLUT responses and induce a lot of muscle damage. It’s a great form of training though not optimal with CBL or CN.

Robert Haas
    Participant

I agree with Coach T. I think you’ll find just as I did many moons ago when I did some HIT that you will plateau quickly and even fall backward into an over-trained state if you are not very careful.

Guys like Yates and Metzner were elite athletes and SED users which allowed them to recover much quicker than the average Joe.
    Plus even the average Joe on SED can eat more food than a natty before gaining fat.

• This reply was modified 8 years, 6 months ago by Robert Haas.

The eyes can't see what the mind doesn't understand.

Tom Singleton
    Participant

Interesting! I see what your saying but Kiefer seems to think that Blood and guts is solely Eccentric training which is incorrect.
    Correct me if an wrong but the ELECT way of performing a rep is to accentuate the eccentric then explode into the concentric, tho Mentzers way is a lot slower in the negative, this is exactly how Yates performs his HIT reps! So blood and guts seems to me to be very very similar to shockwave just with a little more focus on not overtraining by using the levels system shockwave has. Good replies.

Tom Filhol
    Participant

Tony, what tweaks you would make to CBL to better suit a HIT/Heavy Duty routine?
    Less carbs post workout and more carbs the day before a workout?

Viewing 12 posts - 1 through 12 (of 12 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.

I did 2 carbnites :( what do i do now

Please login / register in order to chat with others.

Forgot your details?