Ketogenic duration

Viewing 3 posts - 1 through 3 (of 3 total)
  • Author

RYBALLVT
    Participant

I have been on CBL/CN for several years. I am wondering if anyone has done long duration, pure keto diet. Maybe a carb feed once a month or so.

I have heard of fertility issues and T- issues, but this can be solved by consuming organs.

My reasons are purely health/longevity reasons. I will continue to strength train, low volume, moderate to high intensity.

I would look at around 70% fat, moderate protein, and 10-20 gram of carbs.

Richard Schmitt

If you have a health concern or very obese, or a very special circumstance for endurance training, then going keto has no other reason.

RYBALLVT
    Participant

I am not sure if I would agree. Historically, the native American tribes of the mid west were stronger, leaner, and healthier than any of there European counterparts and were on a pure ketogenic diet. There have been many cultures that thrive today and are completely ketogenic. All are much healthier than our cultures. When you look at Taube’s work, Grain Brain, Dr.D’agonstion’s, Peter Dobromylskyj’s work, I have a hard time arguing for the true need for carbs at all in humans. Unless the need is to store energy for the winter, I do not see a reason they need to be in our biological pathway’s.

Besides for performance, why do you feel carbs are needed?

Viewing 3 posts - 1 through 3 (of 3 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.

Ketogenic duration

Please login / register in order to chat with others.

Forgot your details?