late night cardio for better results?

Viewing 7 posts - 1 through 7 (of 7 total)
  • Author

Nicholas Alonzo
    Participant

When i run my sprints post 6p.m. my speed and endurance are increased.I don't know why or how I just run faster than if i run earlier in the day.Anyone else like this?

Robert x Oleary
    Participant

Several reasons for this; your tissue is fed and rehydrated, your nervous system had had a chance to fully reawaken, your body has had a chance to clear the hormones from your parasympathetic nervous system that are active from sleep(related to lowered heart rate and blood pressure), and I've even read that spinal rehydration can be a factor as well. Either way, Kiefer has mentioned it several times on his podcasts, your body is just capable of doing more work in the evenings. This translates to resistance training as well, and is also one of the reasons why CBL works optimally with evening training sessions. Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Richard Schmitt

Any type of training I personally feel better doing it in the evenings.

Penny Danner
    Participant

Any type of training I personally feel better doing it in the evenings.

I much prefer later than earlier.  I LIKE time-wise mid-morning around 10ish but with my work schedule, I end up going around 3pm and that feels good for me.  MUCH better than super early like 5-7am.

Rob Haas

I've torn both hamstrings once prepping for a meet. When did it happen? 10 am.PM training preferred for me thankyouverymuch.

Brandon D Christ
    Participant

Several reasons for this; your tissue is fed and rehydrated, your nervous system had had a chance to fully reawaken, your body has had a chance to clear the hormones from your parasympathetic nervous system that are active from sleep(related to lowered heart rate and blood pressure), and I've even read that spinal rehydration can be a factor as well. Either way, Kiefer has mentioned it several times on his podcasts, your body is just capable of doing more work in the evenings. This translates to resistance training as well, and is also one of the reasons why CBL works optimally with evening training sessions. Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

This is pretty much it.  High intensity work is much better done in the evening.  Nearly every physical metric is peaked around this time.  It's also believed to be the time when humans went hunting in hunter gatherer days.I will say though, I think endurance work can be done any time of the day since your nervous system plays little role in that type of exercise. 

DaleRuffin
    Participant

When I cannot find time whole day for cardio, I do it at night. I think results are same whether you do it at night or morning. You just have to focus and concentrate on your workout and whole routine. To know more you can have a peek here.

Viewing 7 posts - 1 through 7 (of 7 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.

late night cardio for better results?

Please login / register in order to chat with others.

Forgot your details?