Macro advice pleasy weasy

Viewing 5 posts - 1 through 5 (of 5 total)
  • Author

Anonymous
    Inactive

Hi all,

So I am really struggling with this…I have attempted CNS before and fell off the wagon big time. This was because I was not tracking my macros and when I realised I wasn’t making much progress I tracked my macros for the day and realised I was eating about 270g protein, 240 fat and 30 or less carbs…. Whoops

I am 5’8 and weigh 168 (I’m like Garfield, my bf is %100) nah just kidding around but I am quite squidgy 😉 I have tracked my macros for the past 9 days and they average out at

Protein: 100
    Fat: 140
    Carb: 30

Is this ok? I know I need to go by my own results but I am wondering if this looks ok?

Yesterday I had 250g fat…and today I could not resist m&s clotted cream so again my fat was nearly 200…. I don’t fear the fat….just worried about the ‘calories’ as there’s no way I am in a deficit last two days

Activity wise…I haven’t really done anything 😗 A squat here and there, I’m so pleased cardio is out of my life 😆😆😆

Any advice or thoughts would be gratefully received, wouldn’t it be great to pin kiefer down and pick his brain?!

Thanks

Amy

Richard Schmitt

I wouldn’t go more than 1g/BW for fats and/or protein. I would try to really stick with 1:1 ratio for fats and protein with about 160-165g. Start with that and then maybe after a couple of weeks start to lower it, then repeat the process. I would suggest to just go towards a healthy body weight before making a switch to CBL. Are you currently training at all?

Anonymous
    Inactive

Thank you, I am not training, I have weights at home but this time around (last nine days) I haven’t done anything. Keto flu hit me 4 days ago and now I’m like a ball of energy 🙂

Thanks for the advice, I will stick to the 1:1 ratio, I guess I can limit my clotted cream weakness….do you think I have ruined anything by last two days of going over fats?

I am also wondering…in theory what happens if someone consistently fails to reach their protein quota? I am under the impression that without carbs and an insulin response and protein intake to low for gluconeogenisis…what would happen then if you ate way more fats than you needed…how would they be stored/used/wasted. Oh I guess this would be detrimental to muscle growth…just wondering what would happen 🍗

Makoto Tomizawa
    Participant

I am also wondering…in theory what happens if someone consistently fails to reach their protein quota? I am under the impression that without carbs and an insulin response and protein intake to low for gluconeogenisis…what would happen then if you ate way more fats than you needed…how would they be stored/used/wasted. Oh I guess this would be detrimental to muscle growth…just wondering what would happen

The amount of protein needed to maintain nitrogen balance is actually quite lower than what most people recommend, but if you fail to hit that then you’re body may use lean mass for fuel first, since our body doesn’t really see muscle as “necessary.”
    As for the fats, energy balance plays a role. There is an insulin independent mechanism for the body to store fat, and if more energy is taken in than you expend, fats are the most efficiently stored of the macronutrients, so you could potentially lose lean mass and store more fat if you eat too much.

Training Log: https://docs.google.com/spreadsheets/d/1vuwHRdBaPVILxxLhXly_N1Ys66Hcwk4j-bM7nvKSLrI/edit?usp=sharing

Tony Sangimino

Prioritize protein, fiber, and water.

Your macros look okay. Every splurge will set you back, just take that into consideration.

Viewing 5 posts - 1 through 5 (of 5 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.

Macro advice pleasy weasy

Please login / register in order to chat with others.

Forgot your details?