Macros Starting Point

Viewing 14 posts - 1 through 14 (of 14 total)
  • Author

Adam Hays
    Participant

I am a bit confused as to the CBL Macro Breakdown.  - What are the "Baseline Carbs" supposed to tell me?  - For low carb part of the day it gives me 730 calories and 32g Fat.  Does that mean Total Calories and Total Fat for low carb portion of the day?  - Then in the evening the carb amount that coincides with my body weight says I should eat 580 grams of carbs during backloading.  Seems like a lot...  That would be 2320 Calories- My Protein for Carbbackloading part of day  would be about 70g if I use a mid value (somewhere between deficit low of 50 and deficit high of 85)... That would be 280 CaloriesThis puts my Daily Calorie Count at 3,330 and that's before accounting for any fat during the high carb part of the day..Does this seem high?  Is the best starting point for me?  I crush some hard, high volume workouts and do so pretty frequently.  I am 166 lbs at 12% BF.

Brandon D Christ
    Participant

I am a bit confused as to the CBL Macro Breakdown.  - What are the "Baseline Carbs" supposed to tell me?  - For low carb part of the day it gives me 730 calories and 32g Fat.  Does that mean Total Calories and Total Fat for low carb portion of the day?  - Then in the evening the carb amount that coincides with my body weight says I should eat 580 grams of carbs during backloading.  Seems like a lot...  That would be 2320 Calories- My Protein for Carbbackloading part of day  would be about 70g if I use a mid value (somewhere between deficit low of 50 and deficit high of 85)... That would be 280 CaloriesThis puts my Daily Calorie Count at 3,330 and that's before accounting for any fat during the high carb part of the day..Does this seem high?  Is the best starting point for me?  I crush some hard, high volume workouts and do so pretty frequently.  I am 166 lbs at 12% BF.

What are your goals?

The base line is maximum glycogen storage, roughly.So a general idea is 1g per lbs of proteinCarbs-Off days 30g-.5g per lbs-low volume 1g per lbs-medium volume 1.5g per lbs-high volume 2g per lbsFatFill in caloriesCalories needs are were things get trickier to nail down.x14-17 calories per lbs depending on leanness and training volume is a good way to find a starting number.

Adam Hays
    Participant

Goal is to build mass and drop or at least not gain body fat

Adam Hays
    Participant

So, if I just did a heavy weights workout today and plan on taking tomorrow off should I not backload carbs?

Brandon D Christ
    Participant

Goal is to build mass and drop or at least not gain body fat

I would start with a target weight around 175.175 g of protein per day-  Get at least 75 g of protein while you are ULC.  This is for training days-  Get at least 100 g of protein in the backload, this includes protein in the PWO shake  -  How you distribute the protein on non-backload days, when you are ULC the whole day, doesn't really matter. However, the longest you should go without protein is 12 hours.Fat-  I would aim for a 1:1 ratio of fat to protein by grams when you are ULC-  Fat in the backload doesn't really need to be addressed.  I wouldn't avoid it, but don't go out of your way to eat it either.Carbs-  A good place to start is 2 g/lb on backload days, but it is very hard to give carb recommendations.  Be prepared to adjust.

Adam Hays
    Participant

Thanks Tex.  Just so I'm ready to go-  I worked out with heavy weights today and will take tomorrow off and then work out the next day.  So I would backload carbs tonight, and not tomorrow night, correct?

Brandon D Christ
    Participant

Thanks Tex.  Just so I'm ready to go-  I worked out with heavy weights today and will take tomorrow off and then work out the next day.  So I would backload carbs tonight, and not tomorrow night, correct?

Lol Tex didn't post.

Scope75

Lol Tex didn't post.

Shit you beat me to it. LolTex is the ultimate mod and gets thanked without even posting. Now that's POWER.

Adam Hays
    Participant

haha my bad.  Thanks ibob.  I am sorry for that.  I aim to give credit and appreciation where it's due and that's to you! I appreciate the help. 

Adam Hays
    Participant

So should I backload after every resistance training workout?I am assuming no backload on off days as my glycogen stores will still be full?

Brandon D Christ
    Participant

So should I backload after every resistance training workout?I am assuming no backload on off days as my glycogen stores will still be full?

In my opinion, you should backload after every resistance training session.  If you find that you can't handle the carbs that frequently, I would recommend training less frequently.  I find CBL works best on 3-4 training days per week.  Mainly because CBL requires GLUT4 translocation, which is best done by heavy resistance training, which is very CNS intensive.  Unlike the muscles, the CNS requires a lot of recovery time.On non-training days, do not backload.

Adam Hays
    Participant

Awesome.  Thanks sir!

Horace

I may have missed it but on back loading days, I’m not sure how many meals I should be having after the workout. I guess I’ll just eat every 2-3 hours until bedtime or until I reach my carb requirements. I work a weird shift so I’m training at 2pm.

Viewing 14 posts - 1 through 14 (of 14 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.

Macros Starting Point

Please login / register in order to chat with others.

Forgot your details?