Milk, bad for you?

Tagged: 

Viewing 8 posts - 1 through 8 (of 8 total)
  • Author

I’ve recently listened to the podcast with dr Steven Gundry and Mark Sisson.
    They talk really bad about milk and dairy products.
    They blame the beta-casein a1 protein. When a1 is being digested, it releases a opioid peptide, which is not good.
    More info here: http://www.betacasein.org/index.php?p=science-overview

I’ve always drunk a lot of milk, and think it’s a great way to get more protein.
    I hope someone out there have some more knowledge about this, ’cause I don’t want to trow out all my casein protein powder and eliminate milk.

It is the dose that is the poison

Robert Haas
    Participant

Milk is only bad for you if you have an inflammatory response to it. Obviously if you drink a lot of it and you don’t have any issues then you are fine. Myself, if I drink anymore than a 1/2 pint I get stomach pains and am soon in the bathroom so I stay away from it.

The eyes can't see what the mind doesn't understand.

Derekcerva
    Participant

If you don’t and can handle it well then don’t…

You could always try cutting it out for a week or two and see if you feel better/look less bloated

Thanks for the response. I do suspect that maybe I get a bit bloated by all the casein, I just can’t see my lower abs.
    I usually eat cottage cheese for ULC-lunch four days a week too.

But I can’t really feel any stomach pain when cosuming dairy. I’m from Norway btw, in this country we drink as much milk as water.
    I’m not paleo btw, but I just got a bit paranoid when I read about the morphin-ish stuff that the casein is breaking down to..

Robert Haas
    Participant

I’ve stopping taking casein as well. Only way to know for sure is to cut it out completely and see what happens over the next several weeks. The problem with inflammation from these types of foods is at a chronic low level you never really know what’s going on because you are always at some level of inflammation which can halt fat loss and eventually lead to other metabolic problems.

Yea I agree, I think it’s a bit hard to completely eliminate something from the diet, but that’s the only way to go. I think I shall try it as well, but this week I changed from CNS to CBL-SA, so I’m gonna wait a couple of weeks before I removing all casein. I hope you could share your experiences after you take out casein.

Robert Haas
    Participant

I’ve put casein back in today and there have been no issues. I took it out of my PWO shake because of some digestion problems but figured out it wasn’t the casein.

Thanks for the update.

Viewing 8 posts - 1 through 8 (of 8 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.

Milk, bad for you?

Please login / register in order to chat with others.

Forgot your details?