Milk in the backload x Growth Hormone Release at night

• This topic has 3 replies, 1 voice, and was last updated 7 years ago by Smur.
Viewing 4 posts - 1 through 4 (of 4 total)
  • Author

Greg

I’ve seen kiefers video on milk and how it is insulinogenic and works well for some people.

Wondering about the see-saw between milk being high insulinogenic but low GI and the affect on growth hormone release at night that Keifer references in CBL 1.0.

Will the fact that its low GI affect the growth hormone release while we sleep at night? Because he also mentions that low GI food will bring down the GI of whatever you are eating with it.

Smur

I think a more pertinent question might be “Does the GH release at night actually matter for health/fitness?”

I’m not an expert, but my basic understanding of

BBCode you used is not allowed.

growth hormone[/url] is that it shifts substrate utilization toward fatty acids and decreases the percent of carbohydrate used for energy. Normal physiological levels in adults don’t really have an impact on muscle growth. In this case, it should seem obvious that a GH spike is inhibited by carb ingestion before bed; you have extra glucose available for burning, so a shift toward FFA usage would be wasted effort and detrimental to plasma glucose regulation. This won’t make you fatter independent of total caloric intake either. There’s nothing good or bad about it, it’s just a way of regulating blood sugar.

I could be wrong about this. If I am, please let me know.

hgh

I think a more pertinent question might be “Does the GH release at night actually matter for health/fitness?”

I’m not an expert, but my basic understanding of growth hormone is that it shifts substrate utilization toward fatty acids and decreases the percent of carbohydrate used for energy. Normal physiological levels in adults don’t really have an impact on muscle growth. In this case, it should seem obvious that a GH spike is inhibited by carb ingestion before bed; you have extra glucose available for burning, so a shift toward FFA usage would be wasted effort and detrimental to plasma glucose regulation. This won’t make you fatter independent of total caloric intake either. There’s nothing good or bad about it, it’s just a way of regulating blood sugar.

I could be wrong about this. If I am, please let me know!!!

Smur

I’m not an expert, but my basic understanding of growth hormone is that it shifts substrate utilization toward fatty acids and decreases the percent of carbohydrate used for energy. Normal physiological levels in adults don’t really have an impact on muscle growth. In this case, it should seem obvious that a GH spike is inhibited by carb ingestion before bed; you have extra glucose available for burning, so a shift toward FFA usage would be wasted effort and detrimental to plasma glucose regulation. This won’t make you fatter independent of total caloric intake either. There’s nothing good or bad about it, it’s just a way of regulating blood sugar.

I could be wrong about this. If I am, please let me know!

Viewing 4 posts - 1 through 4 (of 4 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.

Milk in the backload x Growth Hormone Release at night

Please login / register in order to chat with others.

Forgot your details?