My CN Story… and Thank You + Tips

Viewing 6 posts - 1 through 6 (of 6 total)
  • Author

souther29
    Participant

6 months ago I stumbled across this forum after researching safe, sustainable nutritional ways of being. It’s changed my life. Kiefer’s knowledge started me going on the right road, but so many of you on this forum has kept me in a straight line. I’d always tried to be healthy but over the last 6 months what I thought was healthy and what foods I realised my body was good at (and not) processing well… it’s educated me and changed my outlook completely.

As a guy, 31, 5,8, 6 months ago I started out at 84kg, 28.8% fat and 39.1% muscle. With maybe 2 recalibrations over this period I am now 70.3 kg, 17.8% fat and 43.2% muscle. No working out due to health issues… hence the project to keep my mind focused on being healthier whilst not being very mobile.

So for people starting their journey who are skeptical, well it just works. I thought I’d share some small tips with newcomers to Carb Nite. Sorry if these have been repeated. These have worked for me and all bodies are different but maybe you find something useful here.

1. Some people worry about a little alcohol stopping progress and think they need the 10 day recalibration… stick to liquor, vodka and soda or whisky… I found occasionally even on ULC days, it wasn’t a huge deal.

2. I tried the coffee + butter in the mornings which is definitely a good fat boost and recommend to people who even don’t like coffee. I put a little sprinkle of cinnamon in too.

3. The meals I found to be the most effective and to keep things interesting and not get sidetracked was 15% fat beef mince. Meatballs, chilli, burgers… only limit is your imagination. Always with brocolli or spinach. Venison and sausages too. Mackerel and salmon. You can make these in big batches too and not have the issue of grabbing something from a local shop and not know what’s gone into it i.e. some Chinese dishes you think would be healthy… actually contain extra corn starch or sugar.

4. I found about 4 days after CN that’s when you would see a noticeable difference on the scale. I weighed myself daily and monitored food logs so you have a good idea of progress. It keeps you motivated. If things don’t move, don’t worry just keep doing what has worked for you before.

5. Holidays – If you start to worry to much about holidays and ULC days, just enjoy the holiday. It will stress you out more and just need a recalibration when you’re back. I went to France, enjoyed fresh bread, croissants and pizzas as well as fresh fish and steaks and 15g carb a piece non alcoholic wheat beer. I couldn’t drink at the time due to certain meds… but I would have if I could.

6. Dark chocolate is a great ‘urge’ killer. Good quality dark chocolate generally has less sugar than milk chocolate or other varieties Lindt or Green and Blacks worked for me. Couple of squares a night… no issue at all… as long as was below the magic 30g carb line. Homemade coconut chocolate bars with stevia also a great fat bomb.

7. Gluten free cereal… interestingly I had a small bowl with semi skimmed milk… was 20g carb… body coped with it really well. Some people may try it on ULC days to see how it affects them if they are missing cereal.

8. The mirror and clothes are a great judge of progress if your scales don’t measure fat/muscle composition.

9. Flaxseeds great way to get extra fibre in diet with almost no carbs…put in soups or salads or even yoghurts.

10. Carb Nite example for those looking for ideas: 5:00 pm – Jasmine rice/white short grain rice, potstickers, bbq chicken OR two bowls of Crunch Nut Cornflakes with milk OR Chorizo and pepper Pizza (supermarket, not takeaway) and Garlic bread. 7:00pm Generally the ‘sweet’ period starts onwards now. Ice cream bowl, chocolate (any kind), yogurt with honey, one or two beers (sometimes it was more beers if CN fell when friends came over). 10.30 ish Flapjacks, protein shake, crisps (chips). The 3 set periods over the night worked best for me for the spikes rather than just eating solidly from 5:00pm until you were full.

Hope some of this helps people in the same way many of you have helped me over the last 6 months. I feel healthiest I’ve been for 10 years (despite my other medical issues) and Carb Nite has made me look at food, nutrition in a whole new positive light. Fat doesn’t make me fat… sugar isn’t the enemy but it certainly isn’t the solution… moderation, careful of hidden sugar. I am now so excited to do Carb Backloading when I can exercise and put my body into the healthiest it’s ever been.

Thank you all

Olly

Alca
    Participant

nice!

https://alcaflow.com - for fitness, travel, personal development and more
    - CBL / CNS related content!

paulakane
    Participant

Great you have maintained your health, I would also try this!

Kevin

Congratulations!

You were where I am now and you are were I would like to be. The lowest I was able to get was 171 lbs and that was eating LCHF. I’ve since then gained 15 or 20 lbs and I’m hoping to loose them using CNS. Would you mind emailing me at BudFri@gmail.com? I would love to speak with you regarding some of the things that made you successful on your journey. This in not my main email address so if you decide to send a message please respond here first so that I can look out it.

Thanks,

Kevin

souther29
    Participant

Hey Kevin just dropped you an email to that address feel free to pick my brains and I’ll help if I can. All the best.

Kevin

Dont worry I won’t be too much of a nuisance.

thanks

Viewing 6 posts - 1 through 6 (of 6 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.

My CN Story… and Thank You + Tips

Please login / register in order to chat with others.

Forgot your details?