New Study Shows Sucralose (and other AS’s) Cause Damage

• This topic has 6 voices and 5 replies.
Viewing 6 posts - 1 through 6 (of 6 total)
  • Author

magicapples
    Participant

Anybody read about this?  http://www.foodconsumer.org/newsite/Nutrition/Food/artificial_sweeteners_boost_diabetes_mellitus_0924141228.htmlStudy was on mice, not humans.  Fosters growth of bad gut flora leading to glucose insensitivity problems as well as potential rheumatism problems. I have gone from 215 to 192 pounds since june following CBL and CNS and increased my muscle mass/strength significantly (bench 70# dumbbells to 85#).  A big part of my diet plan involves sucralose.  In my whey/casein.  Also use it in my coffee (easy to strip it out though.  Only started using it 3 months ago).  I have noticed recently (in the last week) some changes in bowels.  Dont want to get gross, but it is in not a good way.  Have any studies been done on sucralose in humans looking at how it alters gut flora?  thoughts?Thanks

backlash79

Jenelle Brewer
    Participant

Sucralose is known to cause digestive distress.  I have no scientific studies — I don't need any.  I've seen and heard enough experiences just with myself and my own friends and family.  I avoid artificial sweeteners like the plague.

Adrian Caron
    Participant

Brandon D Christ
    Participant

Anybody read about this?  http://www.foodconsumer.org/newsite/Nutrition/Food/artificial_sweeteners_boost_diabetes_mellitus_0924141228.htmlStudy was on mice, not humans.  Fosters growth of bad gut flora leading to glucose insensitivity problems as well as potential rheumatism problems. I have gone from 215 to 192 pounds since june following CBL and CNS and increased my muscle mass/strength significantly (bench 70# dumbbells to 85#).  A big part of my diet plan involves sucralose.  In my whey/casein.  Also use it in my coffee (easy to strip it out though.  Only started using it 3 months ago).  I have noticed recently (in the last week) some changes in bowels.  Dont want to get gross, but it is in not a good way.  Have any studies been done on sucralose in humans looking at how it alters gut flora?  thoughts?Thanks

If you are getting results, I wouldn't worry about it from a fat los perspective.As far as your bowel movements go, many things can affect that.  What exactly is the problem?

gerry yerves
    Participant

Did you hear todays podcast? I would check it out if you haven't.

Viewing 6 posts - 1 through 6 (of 6 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.

New Study Shows Sucralose (and other AS’s) Cause Damage

Please login / register in order to chat with others.

Forgot your details?