Noob CNS questions (insulin and nicotine)

Tagged: , ,

Viewing 3 posts - 1 through 3 (of 3 total)
  • Author

christopher brown
    Participant

Hey All,

I’ve been doing a low carb diet for quite a while now (lost 40 lbs in last 2 years) and have hit plateaus. So I’ve decided to give Carb Nite a try to see if that will kick the fat burning back up.

A few questions…

Two weeks in now and no significant fat loss (no gains either). My normal eating habits are waking at 7am and having coffee and cream, waiting until 9am to eat, eating bacon and scrambled eggs fried in coconut oil. Around 1-2pm having a protein shake (no carb), working out around 3pm then another protein shake after, then dinner which is another high fat/protein meal.

Finally…the questions.

I’ve been experimenting with a blood glucose meter to see what is happening with blood sugar levels. Today I noticed that before breakfast my glucose was at 87. An hour after bacon and eggs it dropped to 74. And then about 3 hours after that back up to 88. Could I be giving myself an insulin spike from the leucine in the eggs? How much will this affect fat loss?

For post workout shakes I normally have been using just the protein powder, but for my last two workouts I’ve started to add malto. ~15g. Will this carb have a negative effect on fat loss or am I OK since this is post workout? Remember I’m doing CNS not CB.

And finally, I’ve decided to add nicotine to my routine. I get it, on low carb days I can have 4mg in the morning when I wake up, but I’m a bit confused about afternoon protocol and training days. I am training “hard” as far as I’m concerned. (4 day upper/lower split Mon, Wed, Thu, Sat with actual carb nite on Saturday) Can/should I use nicotine on training days before a workout, considering I’m adding malto to my post?

Should I just drop malto altogether and use nicotine every day except for the actual carb nite and the day after?

Sorry this is such a novel, but 2 weeks in I thought I would see more results. I must be doing something wrong and desperately want to change any bad habits asap.

Thanks in advance!

Chris

EDIT: I also supplement with 2g fish oil and 1g CLA in the morning and 2g fish oil and 2g CLA before bed. In case that matters.

Brandon D Christ
    Participant

You are focusing on minutia. Most likely you are either overeating. If you are already consuming a pretty low amount of calories, then take a break from fat loss.

christopher brown
    Participant

Hey, Thanks for the reply.

I can’t imagine it’s overeating. I’m consuming less calories than normal lately. Actually to the point where I have constant loss of appetite. I’m going to rule calories out.

How long would you suggest breaking from fat loss and how would you adjust your diet in that direction? Sorry for the seemingly clueless question, but I would have no idea what to eat in that scenario.

Seems like I’ve spent the past 20 years either not giving two shits about what I eat or just the opposite.

Thanks.

Viewing 3 posts - 1 through 3 (of 3 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.

Noob CNS questions (insulin and nicotine)

Please login / register in order to chat with others.

Forgot your details?