Not losing weight from carb up

Viewing 3 posts - 1 through 3 (of 3 total)
  • Author

Alki

I am 5’5 male (15 yr/o) about 15% BF
    I was weighing about 150lbs prior to Carb Nite – got there by straight up LCHF Keto
    Been on CNS for about 3 weeks and I lift at least 4 times a week…I do seem leaner and quite a lot more vascular at the gym now but…
    My weight is up about 8-10lbs!!!
    My last carb-nite was just over a week ago. I planned on going 2 week ‘recalibration’ I guess… ULC no carb-up whatsoever for two weeks..
    I have definitely been in a calorie deficit… estimates would be:
    80-130 grams of protein
    130-160 grams of fat
    under 15 grams net carbs
    What am I doing wrong? I really love the diet and Kiefer and of course anything related to CNS but not sure if it is for me…
    I really appreciate any advice.. sorry for such a long post.. I am just very frustrated

Richard Schmitt

First off you’re 15 years of age, male that is training and around 15% body fat. Macros need to swapped around, 150g protein with fats around 95-120g. However, CNS is not something you want right now. Get into CBL. Start eating carbs the days you train in the evening. I see no reason for a young man your age to be doing CNS unless you’re really overweight.

Brandon D Christ
    Participant

I 100% agree with Tex. You should be focusing on building muscle. Fix your macros to what Tex said and start eating carbs PWO. As you put on more and more muscle you will get leaner in the process as long as you aren’t eating like shit.

Also you sound like you are becoming one of those “low carb addicts” or people that get so screwed up from low carb diets that they never get to where they need to go. Let’s fix that now before it’s too late. There is no reason a guy your age should be on ketogenic diets all the time.

Viewing 3 posts - 1 through 3 (of 3 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.

Not losing weight from carb up

Please login / register in order to chat with others.

Forgot your details?