Performance/Health results CNS/CBL

• This topic has 2 voices and 3 replies.
Viewing 4 posts - 1 through 4 (of 4 total)
  • Author

So, I've been running CNS all fall to get some weight off and the week before Thanksgiving, I just lost it.  Couldn't deadlift 350# for more than a single and my conditioning was sluggish and not improving.  I had lost about 14ish pounds and my abs were starting to come out, but it was at great cost to my performance.  I started backloading around 300g of carbs at night with dinner (mostly bread and rice) and the result during this and last week's training has been PHENOMENAL.  http://youtu.be/cR4O2iv5fPk390# for 5.  Yes, I know my hips get pretty high on the last few reps, but that's just a single ply Weightlifting belt, bandage type wraps and no straps.  I'm pretty pleased.http://youtu.be/vA0JXg-Oewc235#/107kg hang clean from the hip.  This is 1kg under my best clean from the floor and I'm 10lbs lighter here.  The straps were a necessary evil for the clean because I am currently unable to hookgrip from bashing the shit out of my thumb a few weeks ago.What's more, the Kiefer cleanse and the weeks spent in ULC seemed to have really cut down on my joint inflammation.  I used to take Celebrex (Rx strength anti-inflammatory) twice a day and would be unthinkable to lift without it.  I haven't taken it since September!  That's a bigger win in my book than ab veins.

Robert x Oleary
    Participant

Wow man, That's awesome, especialy given the chronic inflammation issues. Much respect!

Wow man, That's awesome, especialy given the chronic inflammation issues. Much respect!

Thanks man.  I come from a long line of men in my family on BP medication, knee replacements, statins and type 2 diabetes.  While I'm conscious of aesthetics, I'm not getting ready for the stage so these benefits are more than enough for me.2015 will be the year of my 300# clean.  I can feel it.

Rob Haas

Nice work! Now that you mention inflammation issues. At 56 I have noticed far less aches and pains myself than before CBL.

Viewing 4 posts - 1 through 4 (of 4 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.

Performance/Health results CNS/CBL

Please login / register in order to chat with others.

Forgot your details?