Peri-Workout Nutrition on Carb Nite

Viewing 3 posts - 1 through 3 (of 3 total)
  • Author

Aeneas
    Participant

I am interested in using Carb Nite to increase leanness, and have a question about peri-workout nutrition that I did not find to be addressed in the book. What is recommended to be used? With my normal diet (which includes copious amounts of carbohydrates) I use Plazma and Mag-10 to support my weight training workouts, but this of course is not consistent with the Carb Nite guidelines. Any recommendations for pre, intra, and post workout nutrition would be greatly appreciated. Thanks!

Robert Haas
    Participant

Pre = water
    intra = water
    Post = whey protein.

If weight loss is your goal you do not need any pre or intra training nutrition. It just defeats the purpose.

The eyes can't see what the mind doesn't understand.

Makoto Tomizawa
    Participant

Pre = water
    intra = water
    Post = whey protein.

If weight loss is your goal you do not need any pre or intra training nutrition. It just defeats the purpose.

^This. If you need some energy, black coffee or caffeine pills/powder pre-workout is all you really need.

I also think it depends on your training, specifically the duration. If you’re lifting intensely for over two hours, then an intra-workout nutrition would probably be helpful. However, that sort of training should definitely not be done with a diet like Carb Nite.
    Just make sure you’ve eaten some food prior to training. If training is the first thing in the morning, you could take BCAA or just leucine IF you’re too worried about “muscle loss” (which you shouldn’t be worried about).

Training Log: https://docs.google.com/spreadsheets/d/1vuwHRdBaPVILxxLhXly_N1Ys66Hcwk4j-bM7nvKSLrI/edit?usp=sharing

Viewing 3 posts - 1 through 3 (of 3 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.

Peri-Workout Nutrition on Carb Nite

Please login / register in order to chat with others.

Forgot your details?