Podcast Episode 2 – Exercise Efficiency and Paleo

• This topic has 8 voices and 22 replies.
Viewing 8 posts - 16 through 23 (of 23 total)
  • Author

Gnomer
    Participant

Has anybody managed to get around to trying this thing? I got in touch with them and they are working on updating the hardware and software which is expected to be released later this year.

yea i talked to them via email they said same thing

Has anybody managed to get around to trying this thing? I got in touch with them and they are working on updating the hardware and software which is expected to be released later this year.

I'm hoping I will get a chance to try at PaleoFX, and then the place I work is in contact with them to try it out when the new software and hardware come out.

Scope75

I'm hoping I will get a chance to try at PaleoFX, and then the place I work is in contact with them to try it out when the new software and hardware come out.

Can't wait to hear your thoughts and reviews.

Umayr Allem
    Participant

So, any feedback from Paleo f(x)?

alextheGR8

I was just kinda confused how Kiefer kept slamming bands and chains but didn't mention weight releasers. The machine loads the eccentric phase heavy and then lets off for the concentric. Kiefer kept mentioning how bands and chains load the opposite (which they do) but didn't mention weight releasers which load the eccentric heavy then let off for the concentric. I feel like that is a decent way to mimic the machine with a barbell.

The machines don't work that way. The machines read your force output through a formula that we have programed into our machines. The amount of force you create on the negative portion will be more because you are stronger in that portion naturally, not because of any input into the machines. In terms of how they compare to traditional lifting, the machines allow you to work your muscles in the most efficient way possible, so the strength gains you make on the machines will transfer to the bar. it actually doesn't really though.. he has a video on youtube doing a demonstration. One guy is doing a pulldown as you pulldown you pull at maximum force you can handle. When you letoff the machine will go back to its start position but keeps the tension so you can hold onto the handles pretty much as hard as possible and get crazy amount of resistence in both directions

What he means is that it can load the eccentric portion more and the concentric portion less.

if you look at the demonstration on youtube it doesn't really look that way.. it looks like you get pretty much full resistence for the entire range of a lift

Exactly that's what's I just said.  Say you are bench 180 for 5 reps.  You can program the machine to have 180 lbs for the concentric and say 210 lbs on the eccentric.  The machine can increase the resistance on the eccentric if you'd like since you are stronger on eccentric contractions.  You can also make the resistance 0 on the eccentric for concentric only training, which Kiefer said is useful for diabetics.

alextheGR8

Hello everyone, I was hoping I could clear this up for any of you that are curious.I am a personal trainer at Efficient Exercise in Austin, where we use the ARX machines daily along with Keith. The machines accommodate any resistance level. There is no preset weight or mode in which you set the weight.You instead go through the motion and produce as much force as you possibly can. Our software will then give you a quantified statement of your overall average force output, max force output and overall cumulative force output through the movement. Our machines are highly effective because each rep adapts to the level of force you can create. I personally can jump on the machine, set it up for a bench press, and press until it feels like I can no longer produce any force without any danger of failing on a lift or causing injury. Every rep you do, at every slight instance in each rep, you are producing as much force as your body can readily create at that point and time. Great for both CBL and CNS and great for trainees of all kinds.

Richard Schmitt

That must be an awesome feeling be a trainer at that gym. I was in Austin earlier this year and used the ARX machines all while meeting Keith Norris.

alextheGR8

It is a great place to be. Good people, the best resources. Any of y'all that are ever in the area and missed paleoFX , contact me and I'll show you how they work. Would like to meet more of the CBL initiated.

Viewing 8 posts - 16 through 23 (of 23 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.

Podcast Episode 2 – Exercise Efficiency and Paleo

Please login / register in order to chat with others.

Forgot your details?