POST BEFORE AND AFTER PICS HERE FOR DH

• This topic has 117 replies, 24 voices, and was last updated 8 years ago by Sharon Hamlin.
Viewing 15 posts - 16 through 30 (of 118 total)
  • Author

x_just_be_x

Hey!I have a ONE month progress photo comparison. I just took the photo today.All I have to say about carb nite is that it WORKS. At first I was very skeptical, because I didn't know if I could do without carbs for long periods of time- I was used to eating carbs every single day. It was extremely tough emotionally and mentally to not eat them the first 10 days. But, after my first carb nite, I felt amazing. As another week went by, I noticed weight loss and definition already. There was no more bloating every day or feeling lazy. I actually felt HAPPIER, my mood was better and I had more energy. With HIIT and lifting 4 times a week, I lost 10 pounds and have leaned out nicely. I am still far from my goal but it was a fantastic change from just 4 weeks ago.It's just going to get better from here!!I thank my friends for introducing me to CN.🙂

Those are fantastic results.  Would you mind posting your approach to the diet?  Like sample meals?

Sure!  😀 I skip breakfast in the morning and just have a black coffee with a tbsp of coconut oil.My first meal is usually around noon or 1pm (if I get up around 8-9am). My meals are typically like this:  bacon wrapped chicken- I like to stuff them with cream cheese too, ground beef (like a chilli style but without any beans just green peppers, onions, jalepenos,  mushrooms), cod or halibut (I dont really like salmon), turkey burgers with lettuce "buns" and mustard... the list goes on. I try to have some veggies on the side like a salad or cooked.. but I stay way from all high starchy veggies like carrots, squash, etc...in general, I try to eat 2 meals with lots of protein and fats... VERY low carb intake.. I would say typically under 10-15 grams a day at most.Also, I go to the gym 4 times a week... lift heavy and only do 10 mins of cardio at each given time.One thing to note is that I eat a "clean" carb nite. My carb nites are always filled with sushi and then a couple donuts. I don't really overdo it.. i find I feel terrible if I do so I like to stick to sushi (all different kinds with rice) and sugar filled donuts 🙂I hope that somewhat helps!

Brandon D Christ
    Participant

Very good just I suspected you don't do anything radical.  I will admit, I never ran Carb Nite for an extended period (I was already lean enough when I discovered it), but some people on here obsess over eating certain types of food.  Some of your choices like turkey burgers would give them a heart attack haha.  Great job!

x_just_be_x

Very good just I suspected you don't do anything radical.  I will admit, I never ran Carb Nite for an extended period (I was already lean enough when I discovered it), but some people on here obsess over eating certain types of food.  Some of your choices like turkey burgers would give them a heart attack haha.  Great job!

Thats funny because the whole point is to eat protein and fats so I have no idea why turkey burger would be a good deal for anyone doing the whole CN thing lolI dont think CN is really JUST for people who want to lose weight, its for "leaning" and getting more definition. But I know what you mean 🙂

Marty P Koch
    Participant

With the clarification of the 1:1 ratio being in kCals and not grams, it really turned things upside down in terms of food choices, so the 80/20 burgers and bacon had to be re-thought and I came up with…. turkey burgers.  Go figure. 

Brandon D Christ
    Participant

With the clarification of the 1:1 ratio being in kCals and not grams, it really turned things upside down in terms of food choices, so the 80/20 burgers and bacon had to be re-thought and I came up with.... turkey burgers.  Go figure.

No Kiefer said that is a starting point.  He said you eat anywhere between .5:1 to 1:1 by grams.  You can still have 90/10 beef if you like .5:1.

With the clarification of the 1:1 ratio being in kCals and not grams, it really turned things upside down in terms of food choices, so the 80/20 burgers and bacon had to be re-thought and I came up with.... turkey burgers.  Go figure.

No Kiefer said that is a starting point.  He said you eat anywhere between .5:1 to 1:1 by grams.  You can still have 90/10 beef if you like .5:1.

I still think people tend to worry to damn much about it.Just don't eat carbs and don't eat "low fat/fat free" foods.

Scope75

I still think people tend to worry to damn much about it.Just don't eat carbs and don't eat "low fat/fat free" foods.

Or just eat BEEF and BACON!!!!

x_just_be_x

I completely AGREE.

Marty P Koch
    Participant

Also agree.

Fairy

Hey!I have a ONE month progress photo comparison. I just took the photo today.All I have to say about carb nite is that it WORKS. At first I was very skeptical, because I didn't know if I could do without carbs for long periods of time- I was used to eating carbs every single day. It was extremely tough emotionally and mentally to not eat them the first 10 days. But, after my first carb nite, I felt amazing. As another week went by, I noticed weight loss and definition already. There was no more bloating every day or feeling lazy. I actually felt HAPPIER, my mood was better and I had more energy. With HIIT and lifting 4 times a week, I lost 10 pounds and have leaned out nicely. I am still far from my goal but it was a fantastic change from just 4 weeks ago.It's just going to get better from here!!I thank my friends for introducing me to CN.🙂

Wow, that is an amazing transformation in 4 weeks, well done!

Bodynsoil
    Participant

Agreed, so well done.. When I first saw your sign in name I thought it was a spammer..  Darn those x'sSent from my DROID4 using Tapatalk 2

x_just_be_x

Thank you!! 🙂

x_just_be_x

Agreed, so well done.. When I first saw your sign in name I thought it was a spammer..  Darn those x'sSent from my DROID4 using Tapatalk 2

Thank you!

Conrado Tiu
    Participant

Thanks for posting your pics x_just_be_x.  Very nice progress! BTW, to alleviate bloating after a CN, try Green Vibrance. http://www.amazon.com/s/?ie=UTF8&keywords=green+vibrance&tag=googhydr-20&index=hpc&hvadid=3587912055&hvpos=1t1&hvexid=&hvnetw=g&hvrand=2248298838077742&hvpone=&hvptwo=&hvqmt=b&ref=pd_sl_ykd40ewc_b DH Caroline discovered its beneficial use for CNers in reducing the carb bloat.  She mixes it with coconut milk.  I found it quite effective but I mix it with goats milk and whey.  'Just don't forget to store it in the freezer after opening (if you do try it that is).

Fairy

^^ Told you guys Kiefer has a greens drink among his supps 😉

Viewing 15 posts - 16 through 30 (of 118 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.

POST BEFORE AND AFTER PICS HERE FOR DH

Please login / register in order to chat with others.

Forgot your details?