Pre.Workout supplements

Viewing 12 posts - 1 through 12 (of 12 total)
  • Author

RagE
    Participant

Hi,

whats everyones thoughts on Pre-workout stimulants? Training ULC kinda limits the options, but a staple for me is coffee with CO, creatine, and somtimes nicotine gum.

A powerlifting friend of mine uses Totalis 2.0 and is very happy with it. have tried it once, but not sure if i trust it while on CNS.
    http://smartpowders.com/wp-content/uploads/COAtotalis.jpg

What do you guys use?

Steve Cauffiel
    Participant

I take a dose of T3 Fuel and a hit of caffeine/ephedrine/aspirin before and a nicotine tablet during lifting – but I lift in the morning at 0500 and need all the help I can get. lol

Steve

Makoto Tomizawa
    Participant

@steve-cauffiel – Where do you get your ephedrine? Do you just use a bronchaid or something?

I usually just do coffee or caffeine pill (or two or three) or a combination of both. If I know my session is going to be long, I might throw in Beta-Alanine and/or Betaine into the mix, depending on how I feel.

Training Log: https://docs.google.com/spreadsheets/d/1vuwHRdBaPVILxxLhXly_N1Ys66Hcwk4j-bM7nvKSLrI/edit?usp=sharing

RagE
    Participant

Ephedrine is on the WADA list, so you are not allowed to sell or buy it in Norway, and not allowed to be part of any commercial gym or compete in anything if you use it, so that is out of the question for me.

Steve Cauffiel
    Participant

Yeah, I get it through Primatene Mist tablets from the drug store. Was so much easier when you could buy a cajillion “mini-tabs/mini-t’s/mini-thins” at the local truck stop for $5. But like so many things that was ruined by a couple of people OD’ing on it like assclowns, and then a BUNCH of do-gooders “protecting everybody” by making it go away. <sigh>

Steve

Tony Sangimino

Pre workouts will really depend on the type of activity and what you’re used to. The more you depend on pre workouts the worse off you become. Using them as an intensity accessory is the best way to utilize them properly.

Also ephedrine is a very strong drug. Way more than a “couple” people destroying themselves, even dying. Usually mixing it with caffeine and nicotine from cigarettes and coffee. It should definitely be regulated. Pre workouts will be regulated soon as well, I’m sure of it.

Coffee? Everyone loves coffee too much.
    Coffee will be free.

Brandon D Christ
    Participant

I take a dose of T3 Fuel and a hit of caffeine/ephedrine/aspirin before and a nicotine tablet during lifting – but I lift in the morning at 0500 and need all the help I can get. lol

Steve

I’ve always wondered what the point of the aspirin was in that stack.

Tony Sangimino

I’ve always wondered what the point of the aspirin was in that stack.

Helps counter the BP increase from C and E, initiates the role of resolvins which help fight pain, especially stacked with C and E. Also is an anti-inflammatory, which doesn’t really relate to the other two but still a bonus.

Steve Cauffiel
    Participant

Also ephedrine is a very strong drug. Way more than a “couple” people destroying themselves, even dying. Usually mixing it with caffeine and nicotine from cigarettes and coffee. It should definitely be regulated. Pre workouts will be regulated soon as well, I’m sure of it.

Not to take this TOO off topic but, meh, more nanny state BS if you want my opinion.

Anything can be taken to excess. Replace the word “ephedrine” with “booze” in your statement there. How many MILLIONS of people have destroyed themselves, loved ones and people they don’t even know (through drunk driving) via alcohol? And yet, golly, with alllllllllllllllllllllllll the advertising showing me how great it is to drink, how many wimmenz will dig me, how much fun I’ll have with my oh-so-many friends… THAT’S okay. Number of deaths per year? (Just deaths, not all the other misery caused by or related to alcohol) 88,000 – 1 in 10 deaths among working aged adults aged 20-64. Banned? No can do, sorry, too much money involved. Regulated? Please.

Cigarettes? Numbers of deaths per year? Six million world-wide; nearly 500,000 in the U.S. alone according to the CDC. Banned? Oh hell no, of course not, there’s too much money involved. Regulated? Please, not really.

Goodness, I guess it’s on the individual to know better and be smarter than that and regulate themselves.

BUT… 44 people die every day in the U.S. from prescription pain killers. More than one thousand die every day from medical mistakes made by doctors for crying out loud – doesn’t get much more “regulated” than that.

Ephedra had less than 1000 “adverse events reports” before being banned – after being available for YEARS. Not all those events could be directly attributed to the ephedra alone either. Very very few were deaths.

It’s all relative. Just sayin. 😉

And now, back to your regularly scheduled topic…

Tony Sangimino

I totally agree with you. The hypocrisy of banned substances will live on for many more years. Was just pointing out that the issue with ephedra was usually the combinations of very common substances, not the ephedra itself. It’s still a strong drug and should be regulated though.

Steve Cauffiel
    Participant

Yep, and then combining those combinations with folks who are typically not in the best of shape to begin with… then mix in some “well if ONE of these makes me feel awesome and I’m losing some weight, taking TWO would be twice as good!” and voila, disaster. It wouldn’t have bothered me so much if they’d actually regulated it (made it only available at drug stores, behind the counter, like they do with some of the other stuff like Primatene Mist) but nope, just bam, gone.

Robert Haas
    Participant

What do you guys use?

Caffeine, Creatine, & sometimes Beta Alanine (hate the flushing though). Sometimes I will do the nicotine but more often not.

The eyes can't see what the mind doesn't understand.

Viewing 12 posts - 1 through 12 (of 12 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.

Pre.Workout supplements

Please login / register in order to chat with others.

Forgot your details?