progession stalled in CNS

Viewing 4 posts - 1 through 4 (of 4 total)
  • Author

Jeremy Y
    Participant

I have just started using CNS for about 3 weeks. My main gaol is to lose body fat as soon as possible then i’ll switch to CBL to gain mass. I’m 5″5 150lbs with 17% bf. But my body fat stopped dropping ever since i finished the prep phase. I still do resistence training 4 days a week on Mon, Tues, Thurs and Friday with 2 cycles of upper and lower body split and a HIIT session on Monday before lifting.

My question is why is my bf stopped dropping ? Here are some of my first thoughts on possible issues.
    1. Maybe I didnt had enough carb on my carb nites so the metobalism dropped? (i only had about 200g of white rice and a couple of bananas.)

2. i usually take a cup of coffee with coconut oil right before training to help maintain or increase my energy level. Will this reduce the fat buring benifits from lifting weights ?

3. Is it possible that ingesting too much fat on my diet could affect the result? i havnt measure down the macros of my diet yet or should i do so? My only distinguishing point of whether to eat or not is whenever i feel hungry.

my trypical day looks like this. 8am wake up coffee with heavy cream. 11 am first meal omlette and bacon fried in coconut oil. 3pm second meal(lunch?) salmon steak or chicken thigh with veggies. 6pm coffee with coconut milk then train from 6:30 to 8pm. 9-10pm whey isolate and dinner later on.(similar to lunch) 12am maybe some cheese for snack if i feel hungry before bed.

Any thoughts on these everyone? Any kind of comments will be appriciated 😉

• This topic was modified 7 years, 12 months ago by Jeremy Y.

Robert Haas
    Participant

It is possible to overdo the fat or even the protein. Try tracking just to see where you are at.

The eyes can't see what the mind doesn't understand.

Makoto Tomizawa
    Participant

Your initial weight loss during the prep phase was most likely losing water.
    To address your points…
    1) Probably not, metabolism doesn’t just “drop” out of the blue.
    2) Don’t lift weights with the goal of burning fat – it’s actually not very effective. In other words, if you feel energized from the coconut oil, keep it in and focus on training hard.
    3) Most definitely, and that’s where many people go wrong on this diet. Overall energy intake still matters, and I can’t tell for sure how much you’re eating because you didn’t give specific amounts of each food, but it seems like a lot of fat.

Training Log: https://docs.google.com/spreadsheets/d/1vuwHRdBaPVILxxLhXly_N1Ys66Hcwk4j-bM7nvKSLrI/edit?usp=sharing

Jeremy Y
    Participant

thanks guys for the replies, appreciate it 😉

From the Carb nite book Kiefer actually said that one should never skip carb nite and should keep spiking insulin level through out the feeding window to boost that fat burning metabolism. Ive just done that and am feeling great atfter carb nite and actually found myself dropping fat on the 3rd day. (i use a omoron scale to track body composition, not sure about its accuracy though…)

I’ll keep doing carb nite for a couple of months and see the results. btw i tried to lower the fat intake amount and maybe add another shake in between the day. Will updated later when i track the macros.

Viewing 4 posts - 1 through 4 (of 4 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.

progession stalled in CNS

Please login / register in order to chat with others.

Forgot your details?