Results…when does this happen?

Viewing 5 posts - 16 through 20 (of 20 total)
  • Author

steve091
    Participant

Yeah, I am not a “band wagon” member. I do give new ideas their due chance but I will be the first to stand up and say it doesn’t work…for me at least, so that will also make me wonder about the “experts” that say this will work for everyone, which I am pretty sure Keifer does not say and yes I am sure it does work for some, but like I mentioned up in the post, is this the obese people that have never exercised or dieted properly before? And I agree with your statement about eating some carbs open ups the variety in ones diet. This has to be an important part to maintain your sanity and your friends. And I think that if we were not supposed to eat some of these foods no matter what country they originated from or how they got to your plate, they would either be completely be poisonous or just not exist, not saying eating unlimited amounts of these foods won’t cause problems either, but they must be good to eat. So after another ramble, I going back to adding my sweet potatoes and bananas in small quantities. Thanks for your input

Brandon D Christ
    Participant

If you aren’t seeing results on Carb Nite I would definitely add some carbs in. You should see results nearly immediately (within two weeks) with a diet. I would take a break from dieting and stick to a traditional low carb diet, but without calorie restriction. Hopefully your body will recover.

Makoto Tomizawa
    Participant

This has been a very helpful thread, thank you all for that.

After a little over a year, I myself have noticed I respond poorly to Carb Nite. It didn’t matter whether calories were controlled, protein:fat ratios, clean/dirty carbs, yadda yadda… Every time I would reintroduce carbs in a CBL manner, I felt better, looked better, and of course performed better. Going ULC for a long time would also cause me to have a hard time sleeping. Although lately, I’ve been having really whacky sleeping patterns in general which kinda bothers me.

Training Log: https://docs.google.com/spreadsheets/d/1vuwHRdBaPVILxxLhXly_N1Ys66Hcwk4j-bM7nvKSLrI/edit?usp=sharing

Brandon D Christ
    Participant

This has been a very helpful thread, thank you all for that.

After a little over a year, I myself have noticed I respond poorly to Carb Nite. It didn’t matter whether calories were controlled, protein:fat ratios, clean/dirty carbs, yadda yadda… Every time I would reintroduce carbs in a CBL manner, I felt better, looked better, and of course performed better. Going ULC for a long time would also cause me to have a hard time sleeping. Although lately, I’ve been having really whacky sleeping patterns in general which kinda bothers me.

Carb Nite works for me to drop weight, but I always felt like shit when I was on it. It would wreak havoc on my digestive system.

Steve

Good to hear I am not the only one. Again, I am not a doctor, but I think if you have been exercising at any intensity for years like I have, on and off, because work interrupts the training (military) and eating, and sleeping and everything else considered normal. I just don’t everyone would respond to CNS, I know I didn’t. I am the same feel not so good till I get that shot of carbs every 7 days. I am also the same as it screws up my digestive plumbing and I don’t crap as often, even taking fibre supplements…just fart a lot…which is at least funny..haha. When I started The Zone I dropped a lot of nasty carbs and just ate vegetables, fruit, and odd piece of whole wheat bread or wraps. I dropped lots of weight easily and for the most part kept it off and my energy went through the roof, so I am now going back to those numbers, not following it exactly. I am going to adjust my macros to take in more protein (35-40 %), 25% fat, and the rest carbs. Trying to stay around 2000 calories as I think it’s not as simple as cal’s in, cal’s out or specific macros, I think it’s a combination. In the past I have lost 20-30 lbs still eating the odd wrap, sweet potatoes, rice etc and not so much fat and protein. So different strokes for different folks right?

Viewing 5 posts - 16 through 20 (of 20 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.

Results…when does this happen?

Please login / register in order to chat with others.

Forgot your details?