Run / Race coming up + Carb Nite

Viewing 1 post (of 1 total)
  • Author

v0yage.23
    Participant

Hi all,

I’m a newbie to CNS – and started it on Monday. It’s been 5 days + (today is Saturday) through my prep phase and I have a 10 mile running race coming up tomorrow at 8am. My question is should I end my prep/recalibration phase early and Carb Nite today? I rode my bike a little this morning (being carb depleted for 5+ days) and I am SKEPTICAL (but don’t highly doubt) I can make 10 miles through feeling ok. Should I take the risk? Or is it a good idea to carb nite today, and run the race (and obviously back to low carb tomorrow, despite the race)

Here are more details about myself:

Stats:Female, 110lbs, 5’3″, probably around close to 20% BF? I am already quite active before this – though most of my workouts are aerobic.

My ultimate goal: lose body fat and reveal more muscle definition. I am a classic example of a person that looks lean with clothes on but have stubborn fat on my tummy, thighs and upper arms. Rest of my limbs look very lean, however.

During my 5 days+ on Recalibration: Stayed within 30g of carb, between 50-80g fat and 150-180g protein. HIIT on Monday / TUes / Wed, Resistance training on Mon, Tues, Thurs. Rest Fri. Easy bike ride this morning.

It’s a bit of a late post – but hey curious to hear if I did the right thing!

• This topic was modified 8 years, 7 months ago by v0yage.23.
Viewing 1 post (of 1 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.

Run / Race coming up + Carb Nite

Please login / register in order to chat with others.

Forgot your details?