So confused!/CNS

Viewing 8 posts - 16 through 23 (of 23 total)
  • Author

Destiny66
    Participant

ok, well I’ve often heard Kiefer talk of having coffee with heavy whipping cream in the morning and he’s never said a word of concern about calories.

In fact I do recall him discussing someone who was eating 10,000 Cals a day of olive oil and this person still complained he didn’t lose weight (he didn’t put on any weight either).

The point: Eating fat is not the reason we have become Chubby lil’ Monkeys!

We tend to over think things based on what we’ve tried in the past, what’s worked, what we believe works, what we believe does not work.

I’m kinda just enjoying “doing it” and ignoring my pesky thoughts on what I “should be doing” or “how I could fast track things if I do “x” or “y””

As long as I feel well and energetic, boo hoo thoughts.

FYI I’m having around 1.4 kg of Dairy Butter, 1 kg of Cheese, 150 grams of Coconut Butter and 100 ml. of Chia Seed Oil per week.

MFP indicates I’m having approx. 200 + grams a day of Fat per day, and also reminds me if I want to lose weight I should be eating 1,200 Cals a day. Ooops, I’m currently eating around 2,000-2,500 Cals a day, pretty much double, and of course the once a week Carb Nite hits close to 4,000 Cals for that day.

Oh, and MFP keeps telling me things like “If every day were like today … You’d weigh 196.7 lbs in 5 weeks”, approx. 5lbs over what I weighed when I started, ha.

In summary, out with the old, in with the new!

regards,
    David

• This reply was modified 8 years, 11 months ago by Destiny66.
    • This reply was modified 8 years, 11 months ago by Destiny66.

Destiny66
    Participant

Hey Marlee1p,

I see CNS as high fat, moderate protein and ultra low carb (<30 grams per day).

Throw in some weekly resistance, HIIT and in 12 months you’ll have a body like AJ!!!

😉

regards,
    David

Sharon W
    Participant

Hey Marlee, I’m still figuring out what works for me. I am not hungry and could do just like you. I try not to worry about the calories but they tend to run low. I gravitate toward the fattier things and have a fit keeping my protein up. I don’t thin there is a set formula for what happens to me. If it don’t get enough calories, I tend to not lose. If i get too much fat I tend to not lose, if I get too much protein I tend to not lose. I haven’t figured out my ratio and I rarely get the same numbers everyday because I don’t know what works best. I’m thinking I need to weigh every day, log every day and watch for trends. I am going to start my log back up and see how that goes. Let me know if you figure out something that works.

Steve Cauffiel
    Participant

Idk guys, I’m not giving up but it’s frustrating to see that I’m not losing. I’m still down the same 6 pounds from reorienation but nothing since then. I have some macros I’m trying out (btw any suggestions on how to come up with your starting macros) – any one experiencing not wanting to eat at all? I litteraly have no appetite and I’m finding it hard to get my fat and protein in because I don’t want to eat. Not because I’m trying to starve myself but because I have no appetite. At times I’m forcing myself to eat because I know I have to, but it makes me a lil nauseas sometimes. I started HIIT this week as well, felt very exhausted from it. I imagine that’s the lack of carbs I guess… It’s disappointing to stall out just as quickly as I started but I’m gonna keep at it for the next month or so but if I don’t drop below the initial 6 pounds then I’m not sure I will stick with CNS.

What’s your intake log look like for the week? I’m not sure what’s up with the nausea, indicative of bigger issues? It can take some time for the body to get used to being in fat burning mode; it took Deb six weeks before she was seeing reliable (though small) drops in weight on the scale, but she’s easily noticed it in the way her clothes fit. She’s gone from wearing 12’s and some 10’s (in shorts) to her 8’s fitting loosely with only a twelve pound drop being indicated on the scale. I thought I recalled seeing something about starting macros either in the book or in a post here (before the changeover, definitely not a fan of this new forum) but all I have to really go by is what Debbie’s doing and what’s worked for her at 75g of fat and 125ish grams of protein. I’d be concerned with how little you’re eating that you’re not really signaling your body that it’s got plenty of nutrients to work with and it’s falling into “starvation” mode. This is harder for women in that your bodies are geared to make babies and it’s going to do whatever it can to stay as fertile and as able to reproduce as it can. Like it or not, lol. If you’re stressing over all of this, that’s not going to help. Adding lifting to your weekly discipline is already going to be stressful to the body and may take a week or two to get used to. Get a feel for how wasted you are and when in the week that’s happening, learn to listen to the body and gauge how you’re doing/feeling and how that relates to the bigger picture. This can take a good long while if you’re not or have never been into lifting because everything you do is going to make you hurt or feel particularly fatigued, but you’ll get there. Don’t avoid lifting heavy (“heavy” being relative) occasionally to change things out and keep your body guessing. Use good weight when you lift – picking up tiny pink dumbbells is a waste of your time – make it count and make it hurt. (Again, “hurt” is relative: you aren’t out to annihilate yourself and incapacitate your body parts in day-to-day living, you ARE out to let your body know “hey, we couldn’t do this, we need to get stronger in order to do so” – and the body can do a lot more than most people realize)

Thank you for your comments David… But is this really just about staying under 30 g of carbs a day??? I can easily do that however isn’t getting my fat and protien in just as important? If I went based on my appetite I would be getting well under 1000 calories a day, fat 30-40 g and protien 50-60 g a day. Im also female and 40 so my weight isn’t going to fall off as quickly as a male. Clearly what may work for one person on CNS isn’t going to work for the next. I do believe CNS becomes simple once you find the formula that works for you.

Yes, yes, yes, yes and YES. Yes, it IS about staying under 30g of carbs a day. Yes, fat and protein ARE important. Yes, your weight is not going to come off anything like a man’s will. Yes, what works for one person won’t work for another. And a BIG YES to finding the formula that works for you.

And that won’t be done in a week. You’ll be lucky if it’s getting narrowed down in a month. Six months? Yeah, you should have a better handle on what’s working for you, what foods to flat out avoid and what you should be hitting carb-wise on carb nite. At the twelve month mark you should have a very good idea about everything. You have to take the long view, don’t get caught up in the short term – we live in a world where we all expect immediate results and that just ain’t happening here. This video of Keifer talking to women trainers is great video to watch, rewatch, and re-rewatch. He has a lot of good information here (and in all his videos, search them out and subscribe to his stuff to stay on top of it all) that can make a lot of things clearer. He likes to talk about how fast this method is (and that frustrates Deb to NO END) but all things being relative, this IS fast. It took, what, ten, fifteen, twenty years to get where you are now? Cutting it all away in two, three or four years IS fast.

Post up what you ate for the week. Stick it out and realize it’s a long term game. Again, this is my opinion from what I’ve learned over the past… whatever. lol

Steve

Sharon W
    Participant

Try keeping your protein and fat about the same. As close as possible. Keep carbs as low as possible. That’s what I am doing now for the last 4 days. My calories are around 1500 per day. I do the same coffee concoction but an hour later I have protein. Even if its just an egg. Kind of balance the fats I consumed first. Then, I can go quite a bit before I need food. Like lunch at 2? I have more protein with a little fat. Then same for dinner. See if that gets you losing.

Marleen Portante
    Participant

– What’s your intake log look like for the week? I didn’t want to bore you with detail but since you asked….This week I have only averaged about 1068 calories per day, 12 carbs, 67g of fat and 75g of protein.

The numbers are low due to the extreme lack of appetite I am experiencing. I do load my coffee up with whipping cream and coconut oil because I am not afraid of the fat or the calories but this also maybe why I don’t want to eat all day long. In the coming week I am really going to focus on getting my calories up to at least 1200 a day (which will mean eating even if I am not hungry), of course keeping carbs as low as possible. I know Kiefer says it’s not about counting calories but I also know being in a deficit can do more harm than good. Once I can get my calories up I can focus on adjusting fat and protein as needed. I have been stressing over this (if you can’t already tell from my post) and I know that is NOT good. I’m just trying to focus on one adjustment at a time so that I don’t get overwhelmed. I don’t want anyone to get the wrong impression I really like CNS and will continue to work on finding what is best for me. Thank you all for keeping this conversation going as I hope it is helping others the way it has helped me. I did watch Kiefer talking to the women trainers’ video at least 3 times. I do watch, listen and read as much as I can.

Steve Cauffiel
    Participant

That is getting down there for intake, I’d think you’d be better served at least hitting 1200, perhaps a little more. As you say, try to get to 1200 and see how that works out for you and how you’re feeling. You might be able to throw another 100-200cal a day at it but keep your macro ratio in mind. Are you getting the majority of your fat first thing in the morning? You say you load up your coffee but I’d try to spread that out better than hammering yourself with it all right off the bat, you may be right in that curbing your appetite so much. Split the fat between two coffees a couple of hours apart maybe (if you can’t eat something with fat at that point)? What about a protein powder and almond milk shake at night? That’d be an easy bump in protein and can be made tasty with a tablespoon of sugar free Metamucil (yeah, I know how it sounds, but the orange stuff gives a creamsicle flavor to it – and it helps with “other” bodily functions, lol) and if you need some additional fat, throw in some heavy whipping cream with your ice and blend ‘er all up. Easy peasy.

Don’t stress about it, make small changes, keep the long term in mind, you got this.

Marleen Portante
    Participant

Yes the majority of the fat is in the morning. I only have one cup of coffee but I like half coffee half cream 🙂 I usually put 3 tablespoons whipping cream and one tablespoon coconut oil. Great suggestion about splitting it up and or not so much fat in the morning so I can get my appetite up. I’m not against going a lil over 1200 cal but I thought it would be easier to start there and then see how I can progress. Great feedback Thank You!!

Viewing 8 posts - 16 through 23 (of 23 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.

So confused!/CNS

Please login / register in order to chat with others.

Forgot your details?